Torque Settings for Intake Manifold and Carbs

Engine troubles? Try here.
John L
United States of America

Torque Settings for Intake Manifold and Carbs

Post by John L »

I figured I'd put this in a separate post for ease of finding it later. I'm in the process of replacing my air intake exhaust manifold gaskets. What is the torque setting for the nuts holding the manifold down to the engine and what is the torque setting for the nuts holding the carbs to the manifold? I did a total disassembly to clean off 40 years of crap that had built up inside the engine tins. Figured I'd paint the tins while they are off. But, I wanted to make sure I tightened the manifold to the engine and the carbs to the manifold properly.

I looked in the manual and can't seem to find it. I saw general torque settings for "all other" nuts and bolts of various sizes, but not a 12 mm (I saw 6,8, and 10). I want to make sure I don't screw this up. :D

Thanks,

John
Hotzenplotz
Austria

Re: Torque Settings for Intake Manifold and Carbs

Post by Hotzenplotz »

Hi John

The bolts joining intake manifold to cylinder heads as well as carbs are all M8 quality 8.8.
Unless you find different info the recommended torque for this size is 23 Nm.
The Austrian Army manal specifies 25 Nm for the intake to cylinder head bolts , but does not have any specific info for the carbs.
Cheers
Albert
========================
My Pinz has NEVER been with any army
John L
United States of America

Post by John L »

Albert:

Thanks so much for the reply. It seems that your knowledge is hard to come by. Even Willie at SAV didn't know the answer. Thanks for taking the time to respond. I'll get her put back together and send a report. I replaced the carbs, took off the engine tins, will be painting them, removed the intake manifolds, cleaned the heck out of them, are replacing the gaskets, cleaned the top of the engine from crap build up over 40 years and will be putting her back together over the next week. (meaning my spare time.) Hopefully it solves my performance issues. All diagnostics point in that direction.

Again, thanks for the response.

John
Hotzenplotz
Austria

Post by Hotzenplotz »

John

glad to assist
Cheers
Albert
========================
My Pinz has NEVER been with any army