EFI again

Engine troubles? Try here.
gunnar

EFI again

Post by gunnar »

Hi

Are there any EFI Kits available at the moment?

Jim do you still have systems on stock?

Is Alan and Herberts system available yet
does someone want to sell his ( used) system.

Why haven't we seen any images of Jakes system installed
in an end-users car so far?

greetings from Austria
Gunnar
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

I have had Jakes kit up and running for a while now. Works good there are pictures already on this forum. I had hurdles at first but now I am glad I have EFI. I just got home from a four hundred mile drive with no problems and have put thousands of miles on the system now.

I am somewhat wondering what Alan is up to? As I saw on another site he went through a brain transplant. Alan care to share? What could you have possibly done to improve what you already had?
MASSIVE PINZ

Post by MASSIVE PINZ »

About 60% of my kits that we sold last year are up and running.. A couple of people have had some issues, and we had to recall a few components but all in all they are proving to be effective..

I haven't seen Herbert in a while, but his Pinz was up and running fine when he stopped by last time for a visit.
Jake Raby
Owner, Raby's Aircooled Technology
www.aircooledtechnology.com
pinztrek
Barbados

Post by pinztrek »

Erik712m wrote: I am somewhat wondering what Alan is up to?
work, work, work, work, send a tuition check, work some more
As I saw on another site he went through a brain transplant. Alan care to share? What could you have possibly done to improve what you already had?
Just swapped controllers, was testing repeatability with no tuning changes. Worked as expected!

Got halfway through exhaust coupler replacement, blew my knee out, and have not finished that or done much of anything. (except work)

what rec time I have had we've spent shooting with my sons.

With the economy the way it is we've somewhat backburnered any idea of releasing a kit near term. Still doing EFI, have yet another pinz EFI'd. We will re-vist a turnkey kit release when pinz prices pick up a bit.

Have fun,

Alan
jfhhch

best efi kit

Post by jfhhch »

Hey Guys,

most of the time I am just a periodic lurker so sorry for the late response. I have installed Jakes system, also made my own plenum, and now using a hybrid SDS and Jims plenum. If I were to do any of this again I would hands down go with Jims set up, it still alows for other ecu's but no contest on the design of the plenum and its no modification bolt on set up. Running with great results. Gunnar If I were you I would be talking to Jim.. See at

http://s628.photobucket.com/albums/uu2/ ... =slideshow
pinzwheeling

Post by pinzwheeling »

Fuel Injection rocks. I have a 2.7 with fuel injection in the RTPT and it is much faster than a stock Pinz that weighs 2000 lbs less. In fact, it's about as fast or faster than the Ugly Duckling with the 2.7 and carbs. Add in that I have a 710 xfer case and you can see how much more power I'm getting in the RTPT. 45-50MPH up hills, 65MPH comfortable cruising speed.
Michael

Looking for a deal on a Toyota or used car?
email: rosenblumm@gmail.com
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

Jeff, that is one clean install. Did your maps change much? What's the third relay for?
jfhhch

Post by jfhhch »

The map did not change as much as I thought it might, had to actually run it a little leaner. I am running 24lb injectors at 40psi, and seldom pass 59% duty cycle at WOT. I can idle down to 500 rpm and maintain a very smooth idle, just I don't make any power with my alternator that low, so I have my idle set at 1000rpm. As for the relays the top left is for my idle air bypass, below that is for my fuel pump. The relay at the far top right is for aux 12vdc for other items running in the truck. and the one to the left of that is for my Ecu, Fuel pump, idle air bypass, check engine light, and injectors.
Jim LaGuardia
United States of America

Post by Jim LaGuardia »

Very nice install. I like the the Idle air control solenoid tap.
I should get mine hooked up :roll:
So it looks like you attached your IAC vac source to the port I use for MAP signal on my system. The port in the middle passenger side? Or the port at the front(I use for fuel regulator vac).
Can't wait for your shakedown run reports :D
Cheers, Jim LaGuardia
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v510/Goatwerks/
"Arch Magus of Machines."
jfhhch

Post by jfhhch »

Hey Jim,

you are right I used the middle port passenger side, and I use the top front one for my map signal. Truck is running really nice. Looking at doing a 1200 plus miles next week. :wink: will keep you posted. Jeff
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

Jeff thanks for sharing. I'm sure going to steal a few Ideas I need to make my setup a little more water resistant.
russ

Post by russ »

Erik712m wrote:Jeff thanks for sharing. I'm sure going to steal a few Ideas I need to make my setup a little more water resistant.
He visits Florida one time and wants to join the submarine corps.
If you didn't get stuck, you didn't try hard enough.
'74 710K

1984 in 2009
Heed

Post by Heed »

Happy New Year, Jeff!

After going back through your EFI post, I wanted to ask you where you got your 'Scepter' box for your install.

I can't find that size anywhere! The local HD only has small ones.

Hope the truck is still running great!
Bob
1990 - Mercedes G-Wagon 250GD

A goal without a plan is just a wish!
Jim LaGuardia
United States of America

Post by Jim LaGuardia »

Guys, I have 3 or 4 manifold kits left.
I can put whole systems together as needed.
More will be made when these are gone.
Jeff is currently building up 2 more EFI trucks using the SDS computer with the Beck manifold and hardware 8)
Cheers, Jim LaGuardia
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v510/Goatwerks/
"Arch Magus of Machines."
jfhhch

scepter box

Post by jfhhch »

Hey Bob,

I got the scepter box at a local electrical supplier, you are going to have to go to a torbram or gerrie electric to get one that size, Royal is the manufacturer of the box I have although scepter has them as well. Jeff