using sta-bil when storing pinzgauer

Engine troubles? Try here.
purplePinzer

using sta-bil when storing pinzgauer

Post by purplePinzer »

who uses it and is it worth it? I have a bottle laying around and I am putting the pinzgauer away for the winter, wondering if i should put sta-bil in the gastank.
72 710m blurple paint!
To The Edge

Post by To The Edge »

I am new on here, but I have always used some type of stabilizer when I store a vehicle or boat for more than a month. I think the Sta-Bil stuff is good....

As I said, being new, I have heard of this "red death" in the gas tanks? A good question might be is Sta-Bil safe to use or any other stabilizer for that matter without causing the red death to come loose?

Might want to do a search on here, as I would think you are not the first to ask.
Looking to step into something new, planned or not - but has to be fun.
chacaocop1

Post by chacaocop1 »

I can tell my experience using it not only on mi pinz but olso on my motorcycles. If you doun't use it, the gasoline will decompose and form a gel like paste that will block the fuel lines and moving parts of the carburetors. I had to dissasemble twice my motorcycle carburetors to make them work as well as my pinz to be able to start it.

I use it, I have had no issues whatsoever and it prevents further labor when trying to start the truck after a long period of time.

One advise if you are concerned about the red death. The place where you really need sta-bil is on the gasoline reservoir of your carburetors. Be sure to add sta-bil to the gas tank, run the engine until the gas with stabil is on the carburetors and then if you want you can empty the gas tank to prevent any possible damage to the red lining of the gas tank.

Let me know if this works for you.

Regards

Carlos.
CHACAOCOP
1973 712M