Sea Foam engine additive

Engine troubles? Try here.
McCall Pinz
Switzerland

Post by McCall Pinz »

Maybe it automagically increases compression ratio, ramps up the cam, lightens the flywheel, and makes it run like EFI?! :shock:
audiocontr
United States of America

Post by audiocontr »

Seafoam has a little bit of Jim L in every bottle....
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
1978 GMC Palm Beach (Hey, its got 6 wheels!!)
Mr Zero
United States of America

Post by Mr Zero »

Well, after reading the earlier posts in this thread I figured I'd give my Pinz a dose of the stuff (1 bottle on a full tank). It may be placebo, but I swear the engine smoothed-out significantly within the first 10 miles of adding the Sea Foam. I'm guessing it did it's job on the fuel system and I'm getting a cleaner (less obstructed?) fuel feed to the carbs.

In any event it does seem to have had a positive effect on performance and the Pinz has been running smoother ever since.
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

I used it for 5+ years in the Pinz, before I sold it. Boat for past 5+ years and I toss a bottle in my cars/truck every once in awhile. LOVE the stuff.... it can go in your oil, vacuum system, diesels and of course gas... I have only used it in the gas.

I have never had a fuel related problem - might be working :D

If I remember correctly - check YouTube for some interesting videos on it.
Pinzing is AWESOME.
McCall Pinz
Switzerland

Post by McCall Pinz »

My follow up is similar to Mr. Zero's. I added a can to a 3/4 tank and have run another tank of gas through through the truck and I'll be danged if it didn't seem to make a difference. Somehow it seems to run smoother and have more low end torque. The stuff smells like silicone lube and it forms a bubble on the bottle top and it must coat the cylinders and spark plugs because it was harder to start for a while and had some backfiring. The exhaust was smokier and left a stain on the asphalt for a while too. Now it just starts right up and runs great.
Jerbearyukon

Post by Jerbearyukon »

Where can you get it in Canada?

plus she's cold here today and the truck started ok - but was real stiff getting her out and about.

CAN YOU put a lighter gear oil in for the winter...I did a search no links sorry.

If I back up and push the clutch in she just stops - have 85-90 in her right now.

Jer Bear
stiffler4444
Canada

Post by stiffler4444 »

I think you can get it at parts source (Canadian Tire) and NAPA
1972 710m
Jerbearyukon

Post by Jerbearyukon »

thanks
totaljoint

Post by totaljoint »

Swayed by the above testamonials, I went to SeaFoam web site, read about it then tried it in my old truck.
Put 2/3 can to my 1998 Toyota T100 (140,000mi) gas.
With in 10-15 miles it ran noticably smoother, quieter with more pep on acceleration.
Will try it in the Pinz next..
Has anyone tried their spray product into the carbs for winterization/cleaning? I don't know if I want to pour the stuff directly into the carb throat like the web site reccomends.
undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

This stuff is sounding like liquid miracle. It's undoubtedly got it's ups, and downs.

As I've written before: When I first saw it used, we ran a hose from a vacuum tap and dropped it into a can of SeaFoam. It sucked the can empty in just a few seconds. The engine belched crap for several minutes.

I can't imagine that dumping it directly into the intake would be much different than that.
ms1223

Post by ms1223 »

I first heard of Seafoam when a fellow came to work with me that previously owned an auto supply store (before the national chains). He said that the used car dealers in the Chicagoland area bought it by the case. They would take a car in trade and run it with a ¼ tank of fuel and a can of Seafoam. Instant tune-up.
I’ve always been afraid to put in the Pinz, fearing it would bring on the “red death “ of the fuel tank.
Swifty 72 710M
PINZID

Post by PINZID »

Same story here. McCall Pinz told me about it and sure enough, black belching spraying the snow, a black cloud that probably killed any migrating birds, and then voila.....runs smoother, overall better performance.

What frequency do you guys use it with petrol?
74 710M
undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

What frequency do you guys use it with petrol?
102.1 "Q-102" fm :roll:

Seriously, I add it to any old tank of gas. I just added some today, to a friend's snowmobile I'm fixing. It hasn't run since last spring. I'll add some to the Pinz tank next spring and my mowers and such.

I also use it if I suspect some fuel is questionable. Like I just bought gas yesterday, and suddenly the engine isn't working right and there's no other obvious issues.

I don't use it as periodic maintenance otherwise. Just when needed.
Pinzgauer Pete

Post by Pinzgauer Pete »

ok...so I filled up today dumped a fresh can of sea foam into the tank and then drove the piss out of the pinz...I had been expieriencing a hesitation problem upon acceleration lately... by the end of the day the pinz actually ran better than ever, in fact at full aceleration the speedometer needle is off the scale...never before has the acceleration been so good...hope the engine dosent blow now! :shock:
life is like a box of chocolates...you never know which one you might get

710M
stiffler4444
Canada

Post by stiffler4444 »

Should light up before it blows....I know I had mine doing over 115 km/h on my way up north and the 4500 rpm light came on....time to back off !
1972 710m