Carb synchronizer

Engine troubles? Try here.
krick3tt

Re: Carb synchronizer

Post by krick3tt »

Several of us got together to rebuild our carbs. We did them one at a time so we always had a complete one to refer to as we did a complete disassembly and trued the matching surfaces for a totally flush fit before installing the gaskets. It is amazing how much away from totally flat surfaces they were.
We used increasingly fine emery paper on a thick glass surface. Had to be patient as it is a slow process.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
goranvolvo

Post by goranvolvo »

i just rebuilded my carb but problem i m having ,for some reason it will not return to idle i swapped return spring for shorter one that helped but not perfect , rear carb spring hockup is at bad angle so i will make new adapter to se if that helps for now i can get it to synchroniz
GRCameron
United States of America

Post by GRCameron »

The symptom you describe is most likely caused because the throttle plates are not correctly aligned with the throttle bores. Loosen both plates enough so that they will move. Turn the throttle shaft until both plates find their correct location (self center) and then tighten the two screws for each plate. Make sure you stake the screws (upset the end with a light hammer blow) as the threaded ends protrude from the far side of the throttle shaft. Be absolutely sure you support the heads of the screws against a steel block so you don't bend the throttle shaft. Staking the screws prevents them from falling out and being breathed in by the engine.
George Cameron
Yarnell, AZ
1979 Pinz 710M
Molon Labe