High idle

Engine troubles? Try here.
undysworld
Norway

Re: High idle

Post by undysworld »

I hope this forum does not degenerate into a place where guys like mikel get driven off by uncivil or snarky comments.

Does it really matter that he's "just" the mechanic, instead of an owner? There have been plenty of clueless owners with idiotic comments or questions over the years. (I'm sure I've made a few... :roll: ) What's the difference between giving an owner advice, or giving it to the fellow who's helping an owner? Seems to me that in either case, the end result might be that the truck gets repaired, and that makes an owner happy.

This forum generally impresses me with it's civil, friendly tone. IMHO, it's better that way.
michaelh712

Post by michaelh712 »

AMEN!
Michaelh712
michaelh@updc.org
Educational Anarchist
TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

Looks like he left
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker
krick3tt

Post by krick3tt »

It is unfortunate that someone that may look at an issue with fresh eyes has been blasted and has chosen to leave a forum and therefore deprive its members of perhaps a view of mechanical issues that they might otherwise not be privy to.
This has happened in the past and may continue into the future and it is a sad day.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
pinzinator

Post by pinzinator »

There used to be a lot more verbal shootouts on the board years ago, usually with a lot of name calling and personal insults. Many involved the guy who ran Cold War Remarketting, who doesn’t seem to be in business anymore. One helpful mechanic named Dennis swore off the board after too much controversy, and he never did return.

Occasionally Vince would have to step in- like a boxing referee- and break it up.

Scott still has the occasional meltdown, but otherwise things are generally calm here.

If you really want to read disagreements to varying degrees on the Internet, go to the comments section on just about any news article or read the blogs on Craigslist. Those people show no mercy on each other!