clutch squeaking

Diffs, axles, lockers, transmissions, portals, that kind of thing.
steyr92
Austria

clutch squeaking

Post by steyr92 »

i have a queastion for you.
today i recognized a strange squeaking ,which wasnt there before,when slowley releasing the clutch pedal like when driving off from stand. when releasing it fast its not there. also slightly feelable in the pedal.
but the most irretating thing is that the clutch is brand new installed from stec.
after a bit of looking the vibrations come definitely ftom the clutch itself but not shure where exactly.
the ball connections between pushrod and lever is good greased so my fear is that it comes from the releasebearing slide ...would be that a possibility?
i will show it the mech this week and see what he says but i'd be intrested if some of you had the same problem before and could say what it was
greets
4x4Pinz
United States of America

Re: clutch squeaking

Post by 4x4Pinz »

Sounds like the throw out bearing. Theoretically one would replace these with every clutch job. I know most pinz guys do not. I have heard of some who were able to take the bearing apart, clean it and regrease the bearing (never tried this myself). Fortunately it is not difficult to remove transmission and repair or replace the bearing.
TechMOGogy
Canada

Re: clutch squeaking

Post by TechMOGogy »

STec should have replaced the Throw out Bearing if doing a clutch job.
Check with them and see what they did
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker