Clutch master cylinder reservoir seal?

Diffs, axles, lockers, transmissions, portals, that kind of thing.
imacky
United States of America

Clutch master cylinder reservoir seal?

Post by imacky »

I'll be sending my clutch master cylinder body off to Apple Hydraulics soon for resleeving-- once a thin 27mm wrench arrives so I can remove the reservoir... but I am not finding any information about the reservoir seal 07-10-02, which doesn't seem to be available. Is there a replacement for it?

FYI These thin/service/line/tappet wrenchs work to remove the reservoir: Proto J3534 (1 1/16") or Mac S157 (27mm), and perhaps others.
pcolette
United States of America

Re: Clutch master cylinder reservoir seal?

Post by pcolette »

The seal you are looking for is part number 900.4245. It is a copper seal ring (aka crush washer) 27mm od, 22mm id. It should be available at NAPA or most auto parts stores.
Paul C.
_________
'73 Swiss 710M
'89 Puch 230GE
imacky
United States of America

Post by imacky »

Thanks...

What does that part# refer to? I find zero hits on EI, SAV, or anywhere at all with any search engine.
ChickenPinz
United States of America

Post by ChickenPinz »

pcolette
United States of America

Post by pcolette »

The part number is from the Pinzgauer Parts Manual. It's the original part number used by Steyr. Most common hardware pieces, (fasteners, seals, etc.) are no longer stocked by their original part numbers. The description of the item in the parts book is generally all you need to find it since they are relatively common items.

The copper crush washers are used extensively on the Pinz, in various sizes. Assortments are available from many suppliers including Summit Racing.
urr-brc7_ml.jpg
Paul C.
_________
'73 Swiss 710M
'89 Puch 230GE
imacky
United States of America

Post by imacky »

When this thread gets indexed, someone looking for that part# will get 1 hit instead of 0. 27x22 is the same as the gear oil plug washers isn't it? IIRC I used 17 of those when doing a full gear oil change, so I know I have some left...