Electric Lockers

Diffs, axles, lockers, transmissions, portals, that kind of thing.
compunerdy
United States of America

Electric Lockers

Post by compunerdy »

I know, why would I do such a thing, because I want to that's why. I plan to add a shield for it as well.

Video link https://streamable.com/bjzrxc

Tim
1975 710K
Joeri
Belgium

Re: Electric Lockers

Post by Joeri »

Nice...but what are they going to do if they realy need to work? I mean like in the video is fine but thats on a lift with no tension or stress on the locker/ diff ...i think that if they would be activated while driving in mud or heavy terrain and need to hold the presure they will blow right off the housing :roll:
eric1355
France

Post by eric1355 »

Good morning
it's very interesting
I don't think there is a failure because there is no significant effort when the position is locked
with a protective sheet to avoid shocks it will be perfect
Did you buy them or make them?
Could you give me a reference or contact?
THANKS
Eric

Eric
France "goggle translate"
compunerdy
United States of America

Post by compunerdy »

It is just a off the shelf actuator used for years on chevys. I made a 3d printed adapter but I plan to machine some out of aluminum when I have time on the machines (I own a machine shop) Considering adding a threaded on section of tube as a protective cover.

This is the actuator I used for testing. May get a factory one if this gives any issues.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09YH5YJ4N?ps ... ct_details

Still looking for a cheaper option for the connector but for now you can use this. I think it is wired incorrectly but still gets you the connector. I did not do much research on it yet as I wanted to test first but I am sure there are cheaper ways to get it.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001C ... 0DER&psc=1
Tim
1975 710K
compunerdy
United States of America

Post by compunerdy »

Joeri wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:07 am Nice...but what are they going to do if they realy need to work? I mean like in the video is fine but thats on a lift with no tension or stress on the locker/ diff ...i think that if they would be activated while driving in mud or heavy terrain and need to hold the presure they will blow right off the housing :roll:
This was used for around 20 years or so in chevys for basically the exact same application (shifting a fork to engage 4x4) so I doubt it will "blow off"
Tim
1975 710K
compunerdy
United States of America

Post by compunerdy »

While this actuator works it has a pretty small sweet spot so I am looking into some other options. I found a newer model of this that has a stiffer spring which will make it work better than the first one I posted but I also have another option coming for testing, will update when I settle on one.
Tim
1975 710K
compunerdy
United States of America

Post by compunerdy »

More testing and better wiring, etc needs to be done but I am pretty happy with this setup so far.
Attachments
chrome_zdYldW5xjk.png
chrome_zdYldW5xjk.png (1.15 MiB) Viewed 769 times
chrome_NVioiHubK8.png
chrome_NVioiHubK8.png (1.23 MiB) Viewed 769 times
Tim
1975 710K