Something dragging...,

Diffs, axles, lockers, transmissions, portals, that kind of thing.
berger
Canada

Re: Something dragging...,

Post by berger »

Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it.

I think I may have eliminated some of my problem. I aired down before going on the trail, should have done more, but I think the 15PSI I let out contributed to the sluggish feel on the road. I aired back up and it feels much better. I didn't think this was much of an issue as they weren't that low.

I still think the lines are full of crud, so I picked up some DOT 3 fluid and I plan on cleaning the lines. I really should have done this earlier.

Another side note....depending on where you go, straight DOT 3, non synthetic, isn't always available and hard to find.
Ottawa, Canada
1974 710M
2007 2WD Ural Patrol
VinceAtReal4x4s
Admin
United States of America

Post by VinceAtReal4x4s »

That would be it. Low pressure with these sized tires (esp. under 20 psi) combined with the inherent low engine power makes a huge difference in rolling resistance and power-to-the-ground.
"For those who risk, life has a flavor the protected shall never enjoy"

Your donation makes this site possible!

berger
Canada

Post by berger »

VinceAtReal4x4s wrote:That would be it. Low pressure with these sized tires (esp. under 20 psi) combined with the inherent low engine power makes a huge difference in rolling resistance and power-to-the-ground.

I never went that low, but you are right about these tires and how much they play a part in rolling resistance, especially at non-optimal inflation. It does seem to be better now, but I think I may have also experienced a slow release of the 4x4 locker too. Bleeding and refilling everything is my next task.

Prost!
Ottawa, Canada
1974 710M
2007 2WD Ural Patrol
waterdog
Paraguay

Post by waterdog »

i dont use the lockers that often... so just yesterday i pulled the truck out and play with the lockers several times( on n off) after 4 to 5 times they seem to act faster to engage or disengage..!! :?
1985 710MS
1985 712MK
1988 PAJERO CAMEL SPECIAL 042/150
berger
Canada

Post by berger »

waterdog wrote:i dont use the lockers that often... so just yesterday i pulled the truck out and play with the lockers several times( on n off) after 4 to 5 times they seem to act faster to engage or disengage..!! :?
I wonder if that means they are fully primed? Kind of like a double pump on the brakes when they need adjustment.

Perhaps a fluid change/top up is in order?
Ottawa, Canada
1974 710M
2007 2WD Ural Patrol