Execution I or II - How can you tell?

Diffs, axles, lockers, transmissions, portals, that kind of thing.
totaljoint

Re: Execution I or II - How can you tell?

Post by totaljoint »

I have a feeling the seller would not be amenable to doing that
If you have such concern over the condition of the expensive parts, ie: running gear, and can't check it out pre purchase, maybe you should look else where.
If some buyer wanted to change my gear oil- on their dime and time, be my guest (I'd be watching and dictating what they use though).
So many Pinzgauers out there, (usually with owner's not following this site), have had little or no maintenance (just ask Scott at EI, or Dennis at Linden Eng. about the numbers of destroyed pinzies they are parting out).

I helped one member of this site do his first transmission oil change on his new rig a couple of years ago. We both wondered what the metal rod fragments were that came out the drain hole. Didn't run or shift funny, so he figured it must have been something some one dropped in by accident. Hmmmm.
krick3tt

Re: Execution I or II - How can you tell?

Post by krick3tt »

Unless you know the vehicle or you just like to do maintenance and spend lots of money (and who doesn't/) this is precisely why one should buy
a vehicle from one of the sponsors or one of the members of the forum that take care of their vehicles.
Randomly buying old things can be a recipe for disaster...unless you are one of the extremely lucky people out there.

2 cents

Happy trails...
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford