Can't move rear diff locker lever

Diffs, axles, lockers, transmissions, portals, that kind of thing.
totaljoint

Re: Can't move rear diff locker lever

Post by totaljoint »

fluids changed yearly", which fluids?
All- oils/tranny/transfer/portals diffs and and brakes (perhaps not steering). I changed the brake fluid with new that summer.
Since it's back from Goatwerks, I haven't driven it in snow, and so have not
seen if the problem recurs.
krick3tt

Post by krick3tt »

I would not throw it away, I am sure there are uses for it. Takes off paint I'm told.
Humid in the Amazon...probably won't get up to NY unless there is a change in the jet stream. I think you are safe. :roll:
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

FYI, thanks to threads like this one....I decided to replace the springs on the locker. While I don't think springs would cause a lever to be stuck (unless broken in there) they can/could cause for slow engagement or disengagement. Wouldn't a stuck lever also possibly suggest the locker slave on the axle is seized up or corroded? Pretty easy to check that and find out.

Cheers
krick3tt

Post by krick3tt »

Just an FYI that if you are going to be bleeding lines it is a good idea to get a few of the nipples at the end of the line.
They are a fragile metal and when loosening them they can break off or strip out. Be sure to replace the rubber caps
to keep out the dirt. Same ones used on US vehicle brake nipples, available at NAPA. That is where I got mine.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
berger
Canada

Post by berger »

krick3tt wrote:Just an FYI that if you are going to be bleeding lines it is a good idea to get a few of the nipples at the end of the line.
They are a fragile metal and when loosening them they can break off or strip out. Be sure to replace the rubber caps
to keep out the dirt. Same ones used on US vehicle brake nipples, available at NAPA. That is where I got mine.
I used a bunch of rubber bolt cap ends. Work very well and won't get knocked off.
Ottawa, Canada
1974 710M
2007 2WD Ural Patrol