710M hard to move, acts like a locked up wheel,

Diffs, axles, lockers, transmissions, portals, that kind of thing.
ktmkirk
United States of America

710M hard to move, acts like a locked up wheel,

Post by ktmkirk »

Pinz will not move,I have to rev engine and go from forward to reverse and eventually I can get it to move /backup out of my barn but will not move freely acts like a locked up wheel. eventually it feels like it is Ok but if I let it sit for 30 minutes same thing will not move until I get it to eventually move again, ANy idea's on where to start looking , by looking at which tires are spinning it looks like the issue is on the Passenger side , maybe rear wheel. I plan to look things over this coming weekend.
Anyone else experience this?
Thanks
Kirk
4x4Pinz
United States of America

Re: 710M hard to move, acts like a locked up wheel,

Post by 4x4Pinz »

have a look at your Ebrake system. Insure the cable is releasing the brake fully. You can put it on jack stands and check for free spin of the wheels fairly easy to determine if it is specific to one wheel.
ktmkirk
United States of America

Post by ktmkirk »

Thanks I will do that. I pulled and released the E brake handle hoping it would free it up, I will have more time to crawl under the truck this weekend and see if I can find the cables , I hope it is an easy fix, it has been a good truck all this time and I have avoided anything major so far.

Kirk
CentAr712
United States of America

Post by CentAr712 »

I would pull the brake drum off. I had a friend with a 1975 Travco motorhome that had a similar problem. I couldn't get the drum off so I had to cut it off with a grinder and it turned out that a spring had broke and then got loose and jammed itself behind the shoe, compressing it as well as jamming the drum in place.
Chris.
https://www.supanik.com/pinz
'76 712M Rapier Cargo (Swiss), For Sale
'83 MB W460 280GE G-Wagen, For Sale
ktmkirk
United States of America

Post by ktmkirk »

The issue was a bad wheel cylinder on the passenger rear wheel, We went through all the brakes and cyclinders and found another one leaking ,etc so I will be glad once this is all fixed and will also replace worn brake shoes etc and should be good to go for another 20 plus years I hope.....Kirk Also thanks to Greg at Vandalia AUto clinic who helps me out ,,,,