Speedo VDO Part#

Diffs, axles, lockers, transmissions, portals, that kind of thing.
SAM. C.

Speedo VDO Part#

Post by SAM. C. »

Hi All

Does anyone have the VDO part number for the original mechanical speedo handy?

Does anyone know if this part is used in any other vehicles?

Thanks

Sam
pcolette
United States of America

Re: Speedo VDO Part#

Post by pcolette »

I'm not sure how accurate this number is but from an old parts book: 120.031/012/037

Here's a reference to it: http://www.multi-board.com/board/index. ... adID=16430 and here: http://pinzforum.kiruna.de/viewtopic.php?p=146
Paul C.
_________
'73 Swiss 710M
'89 Puch 230GE
undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

I've got an old speedo which I believe came from a Volvo, which I got from Morris. It looks identical, but the gearing is different, so the speed readout is wrong. I can't tell you whether the Pinz version was used in other trucks, but I can assure you that some which appear identical are not.

Out of curiosity, why are you searching? Often the originals can be repaired and returned to use.
pinzinator

Post by pinzinator »

North Hollywood Speedometer knows all about this particular speedometer. I've had them repair 2 speedometers for me and they worked perfectly, no failures. They are expensive, but they do it right, and will talk on the phone with you first.
SAM. C.

Post by SAM. C. »

Hi Guys

Thanks for the replies. I have had this one repaired once and they told me it was on its last legs.

I have looked up a price of a new one and it was so expensive. I was thinking maybe this is because Pinzgauers are quite rare compared to some other vehicles and then was thinking it is a VDO Part maybe it is used on other vehicles. Some parts are similar to a 404 Mog and I was wondering if these might be a cheaper solution. I know there are electronic versions out there but I like the original look.

With regard to gearing yes that is a good point all vehicles are different even though they look the same. My old speedo was pretty inaccurate anyway and think I might as well put my finger out the window and had a guess :|

I have had a look with that number and found it on a couple of German forums and I have send an email to VDO asking about the number I will let you all know what they say.

Thanks again
landy

Post by landy »

If yours is not repairable, might consider a VDO electronic speedo as a cheaper replacement alternative. They're relatively easy to install and program, and are readily available from SAV.
krick3tt

Post by krick3tt »

The most interesting part of the electronic speedo is getting that little knob through the hole for the cable. Really is not that difficult.
...cause, first you have to get the other one out :lol:
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford