Left turn signal problem.

Dedicated to the memory and knowledge shared by Jim Mettler - All things relating to the flow of electrons in a Pinz.
Tyler
Germany

Left turn signal problem.

Post by Tyler » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:57 pm

Hey all, tricky problem here. My 710 decided to give me a challenge. So I accepted. Sort of. I have replaced my stock mechanical flasher with a new sav version and all is good with the right turn signal, front and rear lamps flash and work fine. The left front amber turn doesn’t light up at all when the steering column switch is activated, and my rear led lamp goes solid (bright) red, as though the brake is depressed. The flasher is still clicking very slowly, and will eventually stop in 5 or 10 seconds, and if I press firmly down on the turn signal lever it will flash normally again, but still no flashing on either the left front or rear turn. Here’s the kicker....the hazards all work fine. So I believe it’s specifically down to the left side turn signal being the problem. Would it be safe to say a good starting point would be in the switch on the column? Particularly the left side portion? Thanks for any help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1975 710M
2016 Ram 2500
2016 F-350 Superduty
32’ gooseneck flatbed
1981 M111 welder trailer
2011 M101A1 trailer (sold)