Pinzgauer 712 Ambulance Hi/Lo siren blue light unit wiring

Dedicated to the memory and knowledge shared by Jim Mettler - All things relating to the flow of electrons in a Pinz.
Jim Molloy
United States of America

Pinzgauer 712 Ambulance Hi/Lo siren blue light unit wiring

Post by Jim Molloy »

Hello to all,
I have a nonfuntional "nearly complete" original dismountable dual siren/rotating blue light caged unit for the Pinzgauer 712 ambulance. Both horns and the rotating blue light function well with 24VDC applied directly to each in turn. The internals of the double push botton switch box and about one foot of the original wiring harness look great. Same goes for the internals of the roof mounted unit. What is not so great is the long section of domestic four color (green/yellow/brown/white) trailer wire ribbon frtom the busbar in the roof unit to the remnant of original wiring attached to the two switch control box. When I attach the red and black leads coming from this hybrid splicing, the lower tone horn sounds continuously and nothing else. Positions of the two switches have no effect whatsoever. Obvious, something is NOT correct.

If anyone knows of a wiring diagram for these siren/light units or has the set-up themselves, I would greatly appreciate any information available.

Thank you.

Jim Molloy
Northwest MogFest
1975 Volvo TGB1314A 6x6 ambulance/camper
lifefloat
United States of America

Re: Pinzgauer 712 Ambulance Hi/Lo siren blue light unit wiring

Post by lifefloat »

I had similar issues with my ambulance light. I found corrupted solder joints on the amphenol connector on the rooftop of the ambulance body. It is a size 18 connector and not hard to source.

Maybe check that out.