Noise reduction with intercom

Dedicated to the memory and knowledge shared by Jim Mettler - All things relating to the flow of electrons in a Pinz.
jan.bauwmans

Noise reduction with intercom

Post by jan.bauwmans »

Looking for payable noise reduction headsets with intercom system. Anyone has advice and/or experience with it ? Thanks

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G998B met Tapatalk

GadgetPhreak
United States of America

Re: Noise reduction with intercom

Post by GadgetPhreak »

I have used the Rugged Radio intercom system for years. I have headsets for driver and passenger as well as one for the rear passengers (usually for the Team leader for whatever Search & Rescue team I'm hauling). I have them tied into my iCom radios so I can also use them for comms during a mission. I added the bluetooth module so my phone connects to them as well so I can pipe in music as well as take calls. Over past 4-5yrs they have performed extremely well. Highly recommend them.

Here's a few pics. First is headsets hanging on the divider panel.
IMGP7538 (1).jpg
IMGP7538 (1).jpg (1020.41 KiB) Viewed 1365 times
If you look at the center console you can make out the two red buttons which is the Push To Talk to use the headsets with the radios, for intercom it's voice activated and I've had no problem dialing in the sensitivity for highway speeds in the Pinz. The controls are on the side of the center console, drivers side. I'll see if I can find a picture of them mounted.
IMGP7519 (1).jpg
IMGP7519 (1).jpg (1.38 MiB) Viewed 1365 times
King County Search & Rescue | Regional Special Vehicles Unit
1972 710M - Building up for SAR use
Follow my build, learn more, or contact me: http://www.sarpinz.com
GadgetPhreak
United States of America

Post by GadgetPhreak »

Found a picture of the intercom controls.. The control set at the back of hte console is for the Intercom.

The top contol unit with the Rugged logo is to select which radio is connected to the headset for transmission. Radio 1 is my front iCom and Radio 2 is the next one back. The toggle switch in the middle flips between the two. Neither my HAM radio nor GMRS radio is connected to the headsets.

The next control unit down is the controls for the intercom itself. The left knob is volume control and the right knob is for the VOX sensitivity. The blue light in the middle comes on when power is turned on. At the bottom middle is two 1/8" RCA jacks for a music source or cellphone source to be hard wired in. To the right of those two controls are the Mic. input plugs for my radios and you can just make out a small toggle to the right of those, which is the on-off toggle for the bluetooth input for my cell phone that I mentioned in my previous post. I have it on a toggle because I also have a Bluetooth Bazooka speaker system mounted just behind the divider. The controls for that is the round control unit on the bottom of the console, just below the mic inputs. I can power on both independently, so I don't have my phone trying to decide which to send audio to when a call comes in or music is playing.
IMGP7491 (1).jpg
IMGP7491 (1).jpg (1.6 MiB) Viewed 1362 times
King County Search & Rescue | Regional Special Vehicles Unit
1972 710M - Building up for SAR use
Follow my build, learn more, or contact me: http://www.sarpinz.com
ChickenPinz
United States of America

Post by ChickenPinz »

Can you comment more about which model Rugged Radio product you're using and the icom connection? I'm also looking for a good solution on this, and would want to interface with a Yaesu radio to allow both intercom and HAM comms. Our team generally moves as a pack, and comms are primarily over 2m radio. No need for the headset at low-speed, but when cruising it'd be nice.