Tachometer with hourmeter

Dedicated to the memory and knowledge shared by Jim Mettler - All things relating to the flow of electrons in a Pinz.
ChickenPinz
United States of America

Tachometer with hourmeter

Post by ChickenPinz »

Has anyone found a tachometer with hourmeter that will fit (same hole size) in the hole to the right of the fuel gauge? Mine has just an hourmeter there at present.

Something like in the below picture, but a tach not a clock.
pinz dash with tach maybe.jpg
pinz dash with tach maybe.jpg (157.91 KiB) Viewed 1204 times
Mr Zero
United States of America

Re: Tachometer with hourmeter

Post by Mr Zero »

No, I've never come across an operating clock/tachometer combo guage in that diameter. I appreciate that you asked a different question, but if you'd like to keep the clock, have you considered a speedometer/tachometer combo guage instead? Many more options there and it would achieve the same functional end.
Jason @battlebornpinzgauer
[1975 Pinzgauer 710K 2.7L EFI, 1972 700AP Haflinger Pathfinder]
ChickenPinz
United States of America

Post by ChickenPinz »

Mr Zero wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:55 am No, I've never come across an operating clock/tachometer combo guage in that diameter. I appreciate that you asked a different question, but if you'd like to keep the clock, have you considered a speedometer/tachometer combo guage instead? Many more options there and it would achieve the same functional end.
So are you proposing replacing the speedometer+trip_meter+odometer with a speedometer(GPS???)+tachometer?

And no, I'm pretty partial to the OEM speedo. It's just that I'd like a tach+hourmeter to go in that opening that is just hourmeter. Those are pretty standard on aircraft, FWIW.
Stumbler
United States of America

Post by Stumbler »

There's a small adapting ring. I remember buying one from SAV and I never got around to adding a tach. It was only $20.
Mr Zero
United States of America

Post by Mr Zero »

ChickenPinz wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:40 pmSo are you proposing replacing the speedometer+trip_meter+odometer with a speedometer(GPS???)+tachometer?
Yes, a speedometer+trip_meter+odometer+tachometer in a single unit.

Jason @battlebornpinzgauer
[1975 Pinzgauer 710K 2.7L EFI, 1972 700AP Haflinger Pathfinder]