4 WD light

Dedicated to the memory and knowledge shared by Jim Mettler - All things relating to the flow of electrons in a Pinz.
JimmyC

4 WD light

Post by JimmyC »

My 4 WD light is not working. Truck goes into 4WD but light does not come on. I seem to recall changing the bulb to no effect. I was under truck today and decided to look at switch. I pulled cover off. Thought switch would come with it but it didn’t. Could not see in there due to muffler. How does switch come out?
Jim Chance
710M

All my post fully incorporate the Dunning-Kruger effect
pcolette
United States of America

Re: 4 WD light

Post by pcolette »

The switch is threaded in to the housing. Sometimes removing it and cleaning the threads or the terminals will fix it.

https://swissarmyvehicles.com/pinzgauer ... x4-lockers
Paul C.
_________
'73 Swiss 710M
'89 Puch 230GE
ChickenPinz
United States of America

Post by ChickenPinz »

Did you confirm that the light comes on/off with grounding the wire to the switch? That'll isolate the issue.
JimmyC

Post by JimmyC »

I grounded the terminal going to the switch at the bulb socket and the bulb lit. Did not try grounding at the switch itself, so maybe it is wire, but probably not. Done with maintenance and repairs for now and back to the grind. Going to car wash and pressure wash down there before I get back to it. Considering buying switch before I go further but probably not.
Jim Chance
710M

All my post fully incorporate the Dunning-Kruger effect
ChickenPinz
United States of America

Post by ChickenPinz »

I had one stop working -- corrosion issue. I had another stop working -- pinched wire.

Just suggesting to isolate the issue to avoid changing parts you don't need to. Note that I'm assuming the slave cylinder is doing its thing and the gears are engaging, and it's just the light that's not doing what it should.