Front Parking Lights

Dedicated to the memory and knowledge shared by Jim Mettler - All things relating to the flow of electrons in a Pinz.
IwanaPinz

Front Parking Lights

Post by IwanaPinz »

Hey all,
It’s good to have the web site back.

My first problem has arisen.

The parking lights will not come on. I do have turn signals and emergency flashers. I did look for a lose connection but nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

Any suggestions? Please remember that I am a newbie at automotive repair and I have no experience with the electrical end. (Turn switch, see lights everything is good.)

Thanks

Brian Hahl
1973 712 M
Nothing says four wheel drive like six wheel drive.
M Wehrman
United States of America

Post by M Wehrman »

The ft lights do not have double filaments for park lights, Mark
Stock means no imagination!

Volvo TGB1317, .95% Morphed!

68 Haffy
Lightningpinz

Post by Lightningpinz »

Turn the light switch to the first click on. Check for "park" lights in the headlights. Next click full headlights. As Mark said the yellows won't come on as park lights.
Twin Pinzies

Post by Twin Pinzies »

The Pinz lighting system is awful!
There is no reverse light, yet there is a glove box light!
There are no marker lights on the sides of the vehicle at all.
The brake lights are orange-not red.
It cost a lot to bring the pinz's lights up to snuff, but it's worth it. I suggest orange/yellow marker lights for the front, red marker lights for the rear, and reverse lights. Then it would be DOT legal. And much safer to drive at night.
M Wehrman
United States of America

Post by M Wehrman »

I did not mention that I "split" the circuit to the amber lights and now one is turn and the other is wired to my park lights.I used a smaller bulb for park,this helps with side visability a bit. TTFN,mark

68 Haffy
IwanaPinz

Post by IwanaPinz »

OK, I think I understand. The front amber lights should not come on at all unless they work as the turn signal or as the emergency flashers.

So I worried about nothing.
Nothing says four wheel drive like six wheel drive.
Pinz Enthusiast

Splitting front signals

Post by Pinz Enthusiast »

M Wherman how is it that you "split" the front turn signals, I had this idea sometime back and after removing the light fixture could not figure out how to accomplish this possible simple task, andy detail or pics on how you did this would be appreciated.
Eric
Anaheim Hills, Ca
1973 712M
1996 LR Disco I
2003 LR Discovery SE
2003 Holiday Rambler Endeavor MH
hope to get a 1969 Ford M656
M Wehrman
United States of America

Post by M Wehrman »

I soldered a wire to the tip of one of the bulbs on each side I got the idea from those quickie trailer light kits that attach a pigtail to tailight bulbs,Then i used two layers of heat shrink over the existing center contact bar. I then ran the one wire from each light assy thru the existing grommet to a suitable instrument light terminal. This makes for a little more trouble to change a bulb,but leaving a little extra in the housing makes for easy desolder-resolder. Mark

68 Haffy