optima batteries

Dedicated to the memory and knowledge shared by Jim Mettler - All things relating to the flow of electrons in a Pinz.
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

I have the red top model. RED 34/78 CA 980 CCA 800. I bought them at a farm supply store here. I have had them since 2006 and never had a problem. They are smaller than the orginal in length, but the width is just right.

Scooter
krick3tt

optima batteries

Post by krick3tt »

I traded out my red tops for yellow tops that I got at Costco. After a conversation about the ones that I got from Michael dying on everyone but me I thought it was a good time to trade up.
Not sure what model they are just what Costco had on the shelf. I had gone to a store here called 'Batteries Plus' and they were really expensive. Costco was about $50 less per battery.
Jerbearyukon

Post by Jerbearyukon »

I finally went with the odyssey batteries the Middlebury_Pinz talked about and I got the 24 volt electronic trickle charger (I can dig out the info on that if you want).

I plug the trickle charger in (shut the main switch off) and I have the remote for my webasto heater from Dennis and it works great...keeps them ready to go always - I put a magnetic oil pan heater on the oil pan and I have two battery heaters that go UNDER the batteries and man what a difference in the winter now.

LOVE IT
Jer Bear
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

Jerbearyukon wrote: *I plug the trickle charger in (shut the main switch off) and I have the remote for my webasto heater from Dennis and it works great...
* I put a magnetic oil pan heater on the oil pan and
*I have two battery heaters that go UNDER the batteries and man what a difference in the winter now.
This mad me happy ~ since my Pinz is kept in Lake Havasu City Arizona....I am saving lots of money.... I grew up in New York, so I have expereienced some cold weather...you can have it!
Pinzing is AWESOME.
Jerbearyukon

Post by Jerbearyukon »

New York COLD WEATHER REALLY!!!!. You gotta try minus 58 celsius...then we can talk cold and I will take it......you can have your millions of ppl :) ....I love that we have more bears than ppl here.

I was out riding my horse today - in five minutes I couldn't see another person all day. Driving the Pinz up here is awesome too. We went hunting the other day and got a bison with the Pinz...AWESOME

So many places to go and get away from the crowds.

Jer Bear
Jim LaGuardia
United States of America

Post by Jim LaGuardia »

Jerbearyukon wrote:We went hunting the other day and got a bison with the Pinz...AWESOME Jer Bear
So any damage to the Pinz? Did it use the bumper or tires as ammo :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers, Jim LaGuardia
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v510/Goatwerks/
"Arch Magus of Machines."
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

Jim LaGuardia wrote:
Jerbearyukon wrote:We went hunting the other day and got a bison with the Pinz...AWESOME Jer Bear
So any damage to the Pinz? Did it use the bumper or tires as ammo :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was thinking that same thing.... and I meant to stress the point of "some" cold weather... Not the butt frezzing weather you get..... :D
Pinzing is AWESOME.
Jerbearyukon

Post by Jerbearyukon »

I think if I dropped a hide over it I could pass as a bison though...about the same shape......I don't think I would like to get in a pushing game with one...THEY ARE BIG.

imagine the look on their face though...drive up into the herd with a bison hide on her and then flip over the turrett and start shooting...beats driving them over a cliff eh!!!!

jer Bear
lindenengineering

Post by lindenengineering »

Guys
I spec the Odessy these days for extreme climate usage. Used by the emergencty authorities here in Colorado the reports all indicate this is the battery to have!
Dennis
OOOps no customer bashing now
chacaocop1

Post by chacaocop1 »

The Odyssey's tech specs are amazing. They can also be mounted sideways like the optimas and have much more power.

The big question is how to choose the battery? I only got one person telling me about the 34R optimas, but if anyone has yellow optimas, which models are they using?

Also Dennis, which one is the Odyssey model I need?

Thanks.
CHACAOCOP
1973 712M