4500rpm module

Dedicated to the memory and knowledge shared by Jim Mettler - All things relating to the flow of electrons in a Pinz.
goudacheese

4500rpm module

Post by goudacheese »

Where is the 4500rpm module, what does it look like?
Your only limitation, is the creativity of your imagination!
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

captxmas

4500 RPM Module location

Post by captxmas »

The module is a black box with a wire connector attached to the right side as you look forward. Located under the dash board on the forward wall of the vehicle just to the right of the steering shaft if memory serves me right. Easy to remove ....only two screws. Touch to fix. It can be jumped to complete the need circuit to run ( see older posts) or replaced by Scott of SAV.

Take care.
Capt Xmas
M Wehrman
United States of America

Post by M Wehrman »

Gouda, as I remember on your unit there was a jumper at the connector, looked factory. I never saw the light come on....
Mark
Stock means no imagination!

Volvo TGB1317, .95% Morphed!

68 Haffy
goudacheese

Post by goudacheese »

Mark, the connector is unplugged that is why I was confused on where it was located. The reason I am asking is when I rev the engine it starts sputtering and dies whether the engine is cold or hot. I just finished installing the civilian ignition kit and have also noticed that the new coil gets pretty hot so I may have a bad ballast as I cannot restart the engine until it cools off. It starts and idles great when the engine is cold, just can't drive it!
Last edited by goudacheese on Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
goudacheese

Post by goudacheese »

moved message to engine section
Last edited by goudacheese on Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andy

Post by andy »

Andy
Last edited by andy on Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A bar F
The buck STARTS here
www.deerleaseservices.com
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Please repost to a new topic.... the whole idea of the new sections is to make the forum more useable for review.
Though attached to the engine, use either the body section or the customization section ( if you're not going to use factory parts) for the muffler
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

M Wehrman wrote:Gouda, as I remember on your unit there was a jumper at the connector, looked factory. I never saw the light come on....
Mark
Mark I beleive you mean. Would have been something the Swiss did? Not the factory.
Lorenz

Post by Lorenz »

@ Goudacheese
Did you check the connections to the resistor under the dashbord?
It's a round metal tin on the left side under the dashbord.

Perhaps the connection with the 3 cable plug is corrodated or even the whole resistor is wrotten.

If you hear the engine firing as long as you push the start button, and the engine will stop firing when you stop pushing the start button this will be your problem.

The SDP Number of this part: 7101095010 Vorwiderstand mit Kabel

The Job of this resistor is to give full voltage to the coil while the START button is pushed, during normal engine run the resistor reduces the voltage dowm to 19V to secure the coil from damage. If something is wrotten, no voltage will come to the coil.

Sorry for my not perfect english.

Lorenz[/list]
goudacheese

Post by goudacheese »

The round metal device actually looks pretty shiny and new. When engine is cold with the choke it starts from the first turn and seems it can idle for ever. As soon as you press the gas about half way it starts sputtering, backfiring & then dies. It will not start again until the engine cools off.
M Wehrman
United States of America

Post by M Wehrman »

*** Mark I beleive you mean. Would have been something the Swiss did? Not the factory.***

Eric, that probably was the case.
Mark
Stock means no imagination!

Volvo TGB1317, .95% Morphed!

68 Haffy
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

Mark I was lucky enough to get the service book on my pinz. not that I could read it. But I think they made a few changes. Looks good works good.