turn signal issue

Dedicated to the memory and knowledge shared by Jim Mettler - All things relating to the flow of electrons in a Pinz.
yaknowthatguy
United States of America

turn signal issue

Post by yaknowthatguy »

hey guys -

I'm still pretty new to the pinz, and don't have as much time to play with it as I'd like (mostly due to work). So please forgive my n00b nature!

my turn signals aren't working. as in, no response to using the turn signal on the column. no clicking, no lights, no nothing inside or out. Same in both directions.

I'm suspicious that it may be a relay - but if anyone else has hints on what to look for, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!
Jim LaGuardia
United States of America

Post by Jim LaGuardia »

First check for power on both sides of breaker#12 with key on and test 4 ways for operation.
Next check that tan wire from t sig switch is grounded to body fwd of dash and rt of relay panel.
Next check for power on green wire at flasher with key on.
If you have power at the green wire, select rt or lf turn signal with switch and then touch green wire to blak wire with yellow or green stripe at flasher. If selected side lights up the flasher is bad, Bussman 263-3 or equivelent.
Cheers, Jim LaGuardia
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v510/Goatwerks/
"Arch Magus of Machines."
undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

Ya,

In case you haven't found it already, there's a great parts cross reference site for this sort of stuff:

http://www.sdp-pinzgauer.org/html/parts_reference.html

From my experience, everything works.
yaknowthatguy
United States of America

Post by yaknowthatguy »

you guys are the best! And Jim, once again you prove why you are THE MAN. I get home from work in about ten days, and can have a go at it then.

thanks a bunch!