emergency flashers

Dedicated to the memory and knowledge shared by Jim Mettler - All things relating to the flow of electrons in a Pinz.
Pinzgauer Pete

emergency flashers

Post by Pinzgauer Pete »

wanted to know why my 4 way flashers work in the front but not the back. I removed the 4 way switch cleaned the connections but still have the same result. is there any way to bridge the front working hazards to the back non working terminals to make the system work and if so..what terminals do I bridge...I looked up the price of a 4 way switch and it looks like they go for 75 clams...OUCH!!!!! :cry:
life is like a box of chocolates...you never know which one you might get

710M
edzz
United States of America

Post by edzz »

I have the same problem; I haven’t looked into it yet. Figured it was something a previous owner screwed up, like when installing the TD “style” tail lights swapping the wires for the running lights and the brake lights. I.E. bright tail lights and dim brake lights. You may want to indicate what your truck is in your signature. We are assuming it’s a Pinz, however we have no idea what year or model or modifications that maybe relevant.

Ed
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
pcolette
United States of America

Post by pcolette »

I had the same problem with the original switch and tried everything - cleaning the contacts, checked all the wiring, etc. Finally gave up and put in the new switch. It worked perfectly the first time.

I took apart the old switch and it appears that over time the circuit board begins to bend and some of the contacts stop connecting. I'm not sure this is the case but it looked that way.

Paul
Paul C.
_________
'73 Swiss 710M
'89 Puch 230GE
Jim LaGuardia
United States of America

Post by Jim LaGuardia »

Change the hazard switch , it is not really wise to try to repair it.
Once they go bad , they are not reliable and may malfuncion when you need it :shock:

Time to call Scott at E.I.....................................
Cheers, Jim LaGuardia
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v510/Goatwerks/
"Arch Magus of Machines."