right signal lights not working

Dedicated to the memory and knowledge shared by Jim Mettler - All things relating to the flow of electrons in a Pinz.
Jerbearyukon

right signal lights not working

Post by Jerbearyukon »

left works great - swapped bulbs from left to right...no change.

right signal on and right front doesn't light up but the back tail light comes on but not flashing.

just thought i would put it out there before I start going crazy tracing things out.

Thanks jer bear
Jim LaGuardia
United States of America

Post by Jim LaGuardia »

Check t sig switch connector and also look for a loose ground connection at the rt t sig lamp.
This is a base starting point, also see if both brake lights work.
Cheers, Jim LaGuardia
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v510/Goatwerks/
"Arch Magus of Machines."
Jerbearyukon

Post by Jerbearyukon »

so we have 4 ways - hazards - backup lights and left signal.

when I try the right signal the light on the right comes on but it's dim..we opened up the waterproof box and swapped wires and the wire to the tail light are fine...they work of the left signal wire.

I am thinking it's grounded out somewhere...we ran a wire straight from the power on the flasher to the tail light and it cam on FULL bright.

Does anyone know what colour the wire is from the flasher to the rear junction box.

It's BLUE on the flasher (green hot) and the left signal is yellow with a black stripe

thanks

jer bear
pcolette
United States of America

Post by pcolette »

There is no wire that goes directly from the flasher relay to the rear junction box. Both the black/yellow and green wires from the flasher go into the hazard switch which in turn feeds the turn signal switch. Right rear turn signal has a black/green stripe wire going to the turn signal switch. On the left rear it is a black/white stripe wire. Further confusing the issue is that when those wires reach the turn signal switch connector they change color.

Don't know if you have a schematic but if you don't you can download one from me here: http://www.milkrunfarm.com/sitebuilderc ... iclgnd.pdf

It's a large file and may take a while.

Hope this helps,

Paul C.
Paul C.
_________
'73 Swiss 710M
'89 Puch 230GE
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

I found it helpful if you can print this out on a large paper size 24" wide, it helps to trace the wires back and forth. Take it to Kinkos or the like have have them do it. I had access to a plotter at work for mine.

I then mark up the changes I do on it as a record.

Scooter
Jerbearyukon

Post by Jerbearyukon »

So I bought a new flasher (not sure that I need one) but it's completely different....I willl trace the wires out tomorrow...Off Bear hunting with my lonbow right now...

Thanks for all your help guys

Jer Bear
Jerbearyukon

Post by Jerbearyukon »

So i fixed her up...did it the old way put power cut and splice technique.

So I found I couldn't get 24 volts at the terminals of the signal switch on the right hand side (black and green) with the wire connected to it.

So I cut it....sliced a wire from the switch to the right signal light where it goes through the firewall below the glove box (I had cut that wire too).

Bingo lights....now there was two black and green wires that connect from the switch to a double spade connector....so I eliminated the bad on and put a new spade connector on my freshly run wire and tied her all in and she is working like a charm now.

thanks for everyones help.

Jer Bear

Now I am just waiting for my two carb kits - she is back firing bad right now and NO power..parts are ordered