Windshield wiper controll

Dedicated to the memory and knowledge shared by Jim Mettler - All things relating to the flow of electrons in a Pinz.
djw
United States of America

Re:

Post by djw »

totaljoint wrote:Is there a link to S-tec? I found only autopilot controlls and exhause evacuation systems under that search.
Thanks!
That's the us airplane supplier s-tech.

Over there is the pinzgauer s-tech:

http://www.s-tec.at/?LNG=en

Airplane parts and euro pinz parts are in the same pricing ballpark, btw.
'74 710K (ÖBH Austrian Rehab) mostly unmolested original - the unicorn (everything works!)
collecting pinz docs since 2012 - pm me if I can help
berger
Canada

Re: Windshield wiper controll

Post by berger »

Jimm391730 wrote:
Mine just started doing this too. I am going to pull the cap off the motor and check all the connections.
Take the motor out and open up the gearbox. The grease is probably rock hard and the back of the big gear has a "ramp" built into it; this ramp pushes a pin through the gearcase wall and triggers the leafs of the park switches. In mine, the pin was frozen from the hard grease. Once I got most of the old gunk out and put in new grease (and cleaned and oiled the pin) then the park feature worked beautifully.
Thanks!
Ottawa, Canada
1974 710M
2007 2WD Ural Patrol
pcolette
United States of America

Post by pcolette »

I have several different kinds of grease. Does anyone have a recommendation for the best type to use for repacking the wiper gearbox?

I've got a can of the military petroleum jelly that SAV used to sell (maybe still does) and was wondering if that would work.

Thanks!
Paul C.
_________
'73 Swiss 710M
'89 Puch 230GE
CentAr712
United States of America

Post by CentAr712 »

I would say that if the all or some of the gears are plastic (usually Delrin), my suggestion would be lithium grease. If not plastic gears, I think it's less important what kind of grease. I've never worked on the wiper gear-box, so I don't know specifically, I am just speaking in general terms.
Chris.
https://www.supanik.com/pinz
'76 712M Rapier Cargo (Swiss), For Sale
'83 MB W460 280GE G-Wagen, For Sale