Slow signal light flasher

Dedicated to the memory and knowledge shared by Jim Mettler - All things relating to the flow of electrons in a Pinz.
Malahki

Slow signal light flasher

Post by Malahki »

Just got my new Pinz 710m home and I am going through everything getting it ready for the dreaded "out of province vehicle inspection". One thing that has got me wondering is how slow the signal lights flash. Light stays on for probably 2 seconds and then goes out for just a split second. Is this normal?
Jim LaGuardia
United States of America

Post by Jim LaGuardia »

If all the bulbs are good, replace the flasher, it is worn out.
Cheers, Jim LaGuardia
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v510/Goatwerks/
"Arch Magus of Machines."
Malahki

Post by Malahki »

I also found that my rear hazards are not working and found on another thread it could be a worn flasher. Does one flasher control the signal lights as well as hazard lights?
Smiley

Post by Smiley »

My turn signals would work sometimes, and then not at all blinking at random intervals if any. I put in a new electronic flasher and all of a sudden everything worked. The lights on the dash worked, all turn signals worked and even the hazards worked, including that little light in the switch for the hazards to indicate they are on. Best $17 I could have spent.

Smiley
stiffler4444
Canada

Post by stiffler4444 »

seems my signals work, but the dash lights are intermitent.....guess my problem is probably wiring.....
1972 710m
boeing7873
Argentina

Re: Slow signal light flasher

Post by boeing7873 »

My problem with the dash lights resided in burnt connectors on the diode/resistance unit under the dash. Not sure what the name of the unit is. on the schematic it has a 65 and 66.
Jerome
CRJ Driver
undysworld
Norway

Re: Slow signal light flasher

Post by undysworld »

Jerome,
It's cool that you resurrected an old thread, and updated it with your experience too. It always helps others in the future if the symptoms and fixes are found together, instead of in a bunch of threads. FWIW, were your symptoms the same as the original poster's?