Engine does not start anymore

Dedicated to the memory and knowledge shared by Jim Mettler - All things relating to the flow of electrons in a Pinz.
Denis

Re: Engine does not start anymore

Post by Denis »

Thanks Mark, I think that was part of my problem.

When I started my fuel heater system my pump runned for some time, filling up the lines. After that it was like always, great running and puring like a cat. :lol:

I'm waiting for new hoses to fix that problem and like Jim told me II won't go for 1/4'' and 5/16'' hoses. I waiting for 5mm and 7mm hoses.

Thanks for the help and happy Pinzing 8)

What would I do witout my Pinz mate. :twisted:

Denis
710k 76
710m 79
Haflinger 63
Pinzgauer Pete

Post by Pinzgauer Pete »

Denis ...I got my issue solved too....it turned out to be a igntion issue like I thought...changed out my pertronix unit, cap and rotor...runs like a banshee now!!!! :mrgreen:
life is like a box of chocolates...you never know which one you might get

710M
Denis

Post by Denis »

Great I'm happy to hear that.

What do you think it was????

Was it the coil ???

Like I said happy Pinzing. :lol:

What would be life without a good running Pinz. :twisted:

Denis
710k 76
710m 79
Haflinger 63
Pinzgauer Pete

Post by Pinzgauer Pete »

No Denis....I am sure it was the pertronix unit....but only acted up when hot...once I would let it cool down about a 2 hour wait it would start and run good again for a little while....then backfire like crazy and run like it was only on 2 cylinders...the next day after a night of cooling would run good again until it was hot....drove me crazy...but my gut told me it was an ignition issue...when I asked about the pertronix everyone said it couldnt be that cause when they fail they dont run at all....but I beg to differ!

710M
Denis

Post by Denis »

I also heard that the Pertronix cannot act like it did to you. The thing is that i'm pretty sure it was part of my problem too when I lost all my ignition system.

So I will keep one of theses little devices as a spare in truck, spacially for my next long trip in the forest here. Sometimes the next human being can be pretty far.

Denis
710k 76
710m 79
Haflinger 63
Pinzgauer Pete

Post by Pinzgauer Pete »

Me too Denis, I am starting to put together a repair kit of tools and supplies that will at least give me a fighting chance to get myself out of the woods if things go wrong. I am sorta a lone wolf when I go offroading and none of my circle of friends do any 4wheeling....a tow truck is not an option either in the places I go..so I am pretty much on my own! :roll:

710M