License Plate Light Bulb specs

Dedicated to the memory and knowledge shared by Jim Mettler - All things relating to the flow of electrons in a Pinz.
John L
United States of America

License Plate Light Bulb specs

Post by John L »

Hey guys:

One of the bulbs on my Hella license plate lamp (K2807 model I think) is out and the numbers on it were unreadable. Does anyone know what bulb I need to order as a replacement? [Yes, I know there are two lamps and bulbs, but the other one is working and I don't want to screw it up by trying to pull it out and read it and then not be able to drive the truck tonight. :D ]

As always, thanks for the help,

John
John L
United States of America

Re: License Plate Light Bulb specs

Post by John L »

Well, I've learned something. It doesn't matter how much you read this forum, you will miss extremely helpful information. Apparently, this was discussed in detail back in 2009. The link to the post is here:

http://real4x4forums.com/PinzgauerBBS/v ... =14&t=5066

I just ordered a set of the BA9's 4w from SuperbrightLED's. I'll report back on how well the work. Apparently the replacement bulbs for most license plate lights on the Pinz (assuming bayonette style lights) include the SAV bulb 3508, the US #1818 (supposedly a little longer but works fine), and the BA9's 4w bulb. I believe the specs are that the original bulb isa 24v 2w bayonette style bulb with a 9 mm base.

Hope this recap helps and sorry I missed it the second or third time through the posts. :D

John
totaljoint

Post by totaljoint »

With the LED License plate lights as noted above- taken in day time:

wudog

Post by wudog »

hey Ed, will the BA9 led fit the light above the glove compartment in the 710/712?

V/R David
USA, Love it or leave, stop bitching.
totaljoint

Post by totaljoint »

hey Ed, will the BA9 led fit the light above the glove compartment in the 710/712?
Don't Know, haven't tried.
But if it's the same base, I don't see why not. The bulb portion is not much bigger.
Let us know what you find out!
Ed
wudog

Post by wudog »

Alright guys, the BA9 led lights from superbright fits the light fixture above the glove-compartment. Actually, I replaced the indicator dash lights, license plate lights and glove compartment light. They fit perfect and are brighter, and less wattage use.
http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/ ... s_1led.htm
USA, Love it or leave, stop bitching.
Heed

Post by Heed »

wudog,

Before I take it apart (or go out into the cold garage to find my manual...LOL), how many bulbs did you get for the dashboard? Did you go with coloured bulbs for the various warning lights?

Thanks
Bob
1990 - Mercedes G-Wagon 250GD

A goal without a plan is just a wish!