Battery kill switch

Dedicated to the memory and knowledge shared by Jim Mettler - All things relating to the flow of electrons in a Pinz.
PhilH

Battery kill switch

Post by PhilH »

Is it neccesary that I turn the battery kill switch off, or can just leave it on? If left on, what is the consequence? Thanks, Phil.
'74 710m
M101A2 Trailer
'69 Firebird Convertible
John L
United States of America

Re: Battery kill switch

Post by John L »

The only problem you run into is the possibility the batteries run down because of a current draw. I have a radio hooked up and it's on as long as the battery switch is on. If left on long enough it will kill the battery. I turn mine off just to be safe.

John
krick3tt

Re: Battery kill switch

Post by krick3tt »

I leave mine on while camping overnight as it powers the ARB cooler but I have switches in the circuit lines of all other connections to the batteries.
I turn all other things off...radio, CB, Webasto heater, aux lights and so on. As long as it is only for overnight I have had no problems. I always remove
the battery key when I leave the vehicle, even when in the garage and especially when I go out for errands..to the store or such.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford