K model rear interior lights

Dedicated to the memory and knowledge shared by Jim Mettler - All things relating to the flow of electrons in a Pinz.
djw
United States of America

K model rear interior lights

Post by djw »

I am trying to sort out an Austrian K model rear interior lights that I have not yet figured out how to get anything in back to come on. The front dome light works ok.

The rear lights don't seem to do anything under any circumstances. There's plunger switches at each rear door, and as I understand it the blackout switch in in front of the right rear door that is supposed to turn off the white and turn on the blue overhead lights (if pulled) when opening a door. When it is pulled and a door is open the front dome goes out, but nothing happens in back.

Is there something obvious I have overlooked in the operation that I should be checking before running down wiring?

The schematic refers to an extra inline fuse for the K rear white/blue dome lights somewhere, but I have been able to locate this. Any suggestions on getting the rear dome lights to function?
'74 710K (ÖBH Austrian Rehab) mostly unmolested original - the unicorn (everything works!)
collecting pinz docs since 2012 - pm me if I can help
edzz
United States of America

Re: K model rear interior lights

Post by edzz »

Remove the bulb cover and use a volt meter or test light to check for power at the light socket. Also insure that the bulb isn’t burnt out.
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
djw
United States of America

Post by djw »

edzz wrote:Remove the bulb cover and use a volt meter or test light to check for power at the light socket. Also insure that the bulb isn’t burnt out.
I did that and the bulbs are all good. Still have not found an inline fuse.
'74 710K (ÖBH Austrian Rehab) mostly unmolested original - the unicorn (everything works!)
BobbyD
United States of America

Post by BobbyD »

I think the interior lights only work when the doors are closed to prevent breaking "black-out" rules. On mine there were switches on the back doors that needed to be cleaned. Test for power there if you don't have power at the socket.
1971 710K S
N2PNZ
CentAr712
United States of America

Post by CentAr712 »

...So your the guy who bought the Austrian 710k, that Pinz looked really nice.
Chris.
https://www.supanik.com/pinz
'76 712M Rapier Cargo (Swiss), For Sale
'83 MB W460 280GE G-Wagen, For Sale
djw
United States of America

Post by djw »

The rear light problem turned out to be a broken wire at the blue light relay. Then coupled with a inop rear door plunger switch. The switch looks to be rebuildable, saving the $80 SAV has it priced at, which brings the fix in at $0 plus a few hours of sweat equity.