710M light switch positions-what does what?

Dedicated to the memory and knowledge shared by Jim Mettler - All things relating to the flow of electrons in a Pinz.
firemat

710M light switch positions-what does what?

Post by firemat »

Hi All, I have just acquired a 710 and am getting it ready for the technical inspection, but I can't seem to figure out how the light switch works. I know you have tag, 1 and 2, and then sliding the lever out of the way gives you access to s1 to 3, but what does each position do, and how does it work? In pos 1 I can get headlights and indicators, no main beam, and in 2, headlights, no indicators. Can anyone shed some light, so to speak? Cheers
Located in Geneva, Switzerland, 1979 710M Pinz

'Never underestimate a man who overestimates his own capabilities'
berger
Canada

Re: 710M light switch positions-what does what?

Post by berger »

From memory, sitting in the DS, positions 1 to the left are your running lights, and all the way up are your full blown headlights. I believe my indicators work in 1 and 2. The other side are for the black out lights etc. Mine didn't come with those.
centar712 wrote:The lights on the dash are from left to right: accessory switch (the cigarette lighter looking socket on the left), low oil warning, brake warning, turn signals, trailer turn signals, low voltage warning, high beams indicator, over-rev indicator and auxiliary heater which some Pinz's do not have. The light switch positions are Tag = day or off, 1 is parking lights only, 2 is headlights. The positions on the right are blackout light positions. 0 is everything on the exterior blacked out, s1 is black-out tail lights only, s2 is blackout headlights only and s3 is blackout headlights and black-out tail-lights... none of which a typical Swiss Pinz has. To operate the blackout positions on the switch you need to push the pin in on the face of the switch while sliding the crossbar on the switch from one side to the other. You can use the key to push the plunger pin in. The switch will only operate in one mode or the other, not both.
Ottawa, Canada
1974 710M
2007 2WD Ural Patrol
edzz
United States of America

Post by edzz »

8) The chart makes it as clear as mud :lol:
Attachments
LS.jpg
LS.jpg (82.11 KiB) Viewed 2361 times
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
firemat

Post by firemat »

Guys, thanks for your answers, that clears it up no end. Looks like I have some electrical fiddling to do this weekend...!
Located in Geneva, Switzerland, 1979 710M Pinz

'Never underestimate a man who overestimates his own capabilities'