distributor water resistance?

Dedicated to the memory and knowledge shared by Jim Mettler - All things relating to the flow of electrons in a Pinz.
audiocontr
United States of America

distributor water resistance?

Post by audiocontr »

Been doing some research and searching the archives. I've read references to successful methods of hardening the civilian ignition conversion vs water but havnt been able to find details. I'm having trouble with my most recent pins sucking in moisture from a splash. It's so sensitive compared to my other Pinz that there is something wrong, or at least something that I can remedy. Would a better o ring at the base work? Can I close off the vacuum line?
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
1978 GMC Palm Beach (Hey, its got 6 wheels!!)
berger
Canada

Re: distributor water resistance?

Post by berger »

audiocontr wrote:Been doing some research and searching the archives. I've read references to successful methods of hardening the civilian ignition conversion vs water but havnt been able to find details. I'm having trouble with my most recent pins sucking in moisture from a splash. It's so sensitive compared to my other Pinz that there is something wrong, or at least something that I can remedy. Would a better o ring at the base work? Can I close off the vacuum line?
I don't believe the o-ring will help, as there are little holes that moisture is drawn in from. One of the advantages to the civi cap, from what I read and what I saw when I installed it, is that the adapter plate covers those holes.
Ottawa, Canada
1974 710M
2007 2WD Ural Patrol