Blown headlight relay

Dedicated to the memory and knowledge shared by Jim Mettler - All things relating to the flow of electrons in a Pinz.
opiwan

Blown headlight relay

Post by opiwan »

So while I'm alright at things mechanical I'm kind of an electrical idiot. I've never had brights on my pinz and have tracked this down to a blown relay, copper filament was obviously burnt upon inspection. I'm also kinda cheap and having just put a gear reduction starter (which is AWESOME!) in I'm having a hard time with another $90 bucks for a new relay from Swiss Army Vehicles. Can I hard wire my brights to a switch? Up is brights down is dims on a standard toggle while leaving the on off switch the stock one? Or do I just suck it up and get the new relay?
Stekay
United States of America

Re: Blown headlight relay

Post by Stekay »

Not necessarily. A relay is a relay so while I'm not sure which one is the headlight relay, I'm sure you'll find a 24VDC substitute here: http://www.rallylights.com/hella/Relays.aspx
'76 710K
edzz
United States of America

Post by edzz »

Do not do without a relay. The switch by its self will not handle the current.
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
opiwan

Post by opiwan »

Thanks guys! Shortly after I posted I received an email from EI about the new mufflers being ready so I'm spending more money anyway and I'll just tag it on the order!