Blinker problem

Dedicated to the memory and knowledge shared by Jim Mettler - All things relating to the flow of electrons in a Pinz.
andy

Blinker problem

Post by andy »

Been off the board for awhile, but I need help on this. My 712's blinker switch has a broken wire in it that I can't get soldered back on. So, I took the blinker assembly off of my 710 and thought it would just plug straight in. It plugged in fine, but still no blinkers in the rear. Could it be the light relay? If so, where is it and what does it look like.

Thanks,
A bar F
The buck STARTS here
www.deerleaseservices.com
pcolette
United States of America

Re: Blinker problem

Post by pcolette »

The light relay is just to the right of your turn signal flasher on the panel to the left and below of the dash. It looks like a small silver rectangular box. The turn signal wiring also is routed thru your hazard warning switch on the same panel.

Hopefully you've got a schematic and can track down the wire for the rear lights.

Good luck.
Paul C.
_________
'73 Swiss 710M
'89 Puch 230GE
edzz
United States of America

Post by edzz »

Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
andy

Post by andy »

Thanks, guys. Yes I have the schematic, had it blown up to poster size. It has to wait now until I get back home again. Hopefully it will be a little warmer the next time I get home. It has been awfully cold here, for Southwest Texas, the last few days.
A bar F
The buck STARTS here
www.deerleaseservices.com