12 volts winch o a pinzi??????

Dedicated to the memory and knowledge shared by Jim Mettler - All things relating to the flow of electrons in a Pinz.
waterdog
Paraguay

12 volts winch o a pinzi??????

Post by waterdog »

im building a removable support on my Tacoma for my winch,since its a quick disconnect set up i am wondering if i can fit this winch on the pinzgauer as well, my doubt is... if i run a separate STRONG BATTERY(like a optima batt.) on the pinz just for the winch.... can i isulate the positive 12volt straight to the winch and ground the 12 volt battery to the chassis??? .... :roll: is this possible??? can i run same ground for 12 volts and 24 volts?? even if everything is running at the same time???.... :roll:im not worry about recharging the 12 volts batt, i would recharge it off the pinz....
1985 710MS
1985 712MK
1988 PAJERO CAMEL SPECIAL 042/150
edzz
United States of America

Re: 12 volts winch o a pinzi??????

Post by edzz »

Yes you may us the a common ground. just remember that depending on how you wire things you maybe defeating factory battery shut off feature. how do you intend to keep the 12v battery charged?
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
waterdog
Paraguay

Re: 12 volts winch o a pinzi??????

Post by waterdog »

i understand that a deep cycle battery can give me a few pulls in a day on this winch, so i planned on re charge everyday after use, im hope to use it couple times on 1 day, do you guys think a optima yellow top battery will do???
1985 710MS
1985 712MK
1988 PAJERO CAMEL SPECIAL 042/150