Solar Battery Charger ?

Dedicated to the memory and knowledge shared by Jim Mettler - All things relating to the flow of electrons in a Pinz.
ranicotra
United States of America

Solar Battery Charger ?

Post by ranicotra »

Has anybody ever installed these ? Looks like a decent system to run 12 & 24V accessories.

Pulsetech Monitor Distribution System

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem ... 6966467310

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21369613130.475656.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21369613130.475656.jpg (22.57 KiB) Viewed 2182 times
TechMOGogy
Canada

Re: Solar Battery Charger ?

Post by TechMOGogy »

I almost bought one but it seems that no one has ever installed just tons sold:)
I researched them last month and came to the conclusion that I don't like it.
I don't like the 12v side as it just draws from 1 battery creating an imbalance which will end up costing a lot in replacements batteries!
The 24v side is ok, as is the solar charging but really other than the solar it is just adding a new oversized 24v fuse box.
I ended up skipping this product (originally built for the HMMWV that had a dual 12v and 24v system) even though they are dirt cheap and am looking to just get the 24v solar charger.
Just my 2 cents good luck with it if you go for it!
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker
krick3tt

Re: Solar Battery Charger ?

Post by krick3tt »

I've had a solar panel for years. Use it to charge the aux battery for the ARB cooler.
Panel runs through a solar monitor. I have nothing to charge the 24V batteries in the pinz. If I drive it often there is no issue with drainage of the 24V system.
Although I do have a tap off the batteries to get 12V for things in the cab as well as a 24 to 12 converter for other items, including the Webasto heater.

This looks like one of the many things made for one vehicle that will have to be adapted for the pinz. Not willing to take a chance on this one.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford