Digital Gauges

Dedicated to the memory and knowledge shared by Jim Mettler - All things relating to the flow of electrons in a Pinz.
compunerdy
United States of America

Digital Gauges

Post by compunerdy »

Here are a couple shots of my dash in progress. I just laser cut a piece of acrylic to test fit the gauges. I doubt anyone else is interested in doing this but if anyone is I can post more info.

My plan is to swap out the light,key,and push button switch for a normal turn key style setup with built in light switch. I am also changing to a new style wiper motor with 2 speeds and variable control along with a power windshield washer. I will also be swapping out all of the breakers for new ones.

If anyone knows... on the push button starter switch there is one input and 2 outputs. When you push it they are basically all connected but when not pushed they are all open. I need to know if they are done this way for a reason or if they technically could be done with both outputs on the same terminal as in they would both be connected all the time. I cannot think of why it would be a issue unless the coil side could back feed into the starter or something...

Tim
1975 710K
TechMOGogy
Canada

Re: Digital Gauges

Post by TechMOGogy »

Pretty high tech
Out of interests sake what is your overall plan for your Pinz?
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker
compunerdy
United States of America

Post by compunerdy »

When I got the pinz it was mainly just so I did not get another Jeep. I like the look of the pinz on the outside (although I do have a few changes in mind) but I have no desire to use it as a stock show vehicle, etc so I plan to upgrade the inside quite a bit.
Tim
1975 710K
Stekay
United States of America

Post by Stekay »

"on the push button starter switch there is one input and 2 outputs"

Without the schematic in front of me just a guess, that it's a bypass of the ballast resistor direct to the coil for full voltage for starting.
'76 710K
TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

compunerdy wrote:When I got the pinz it was mainly just so I did not get another Jeep. I like the look of the pinz on the outside (although I do have a few changes in mind) but I have no desire to use it as a stock show vehicle, etc so I plan to upgrade the inside quite a bit.
Sounds cool - by the way I was not questioning why you were doing it just interested in what your overall plan was for it.
Cheers,
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker
compunerdy
United States of America

Post by compunerdy »

Stekay wrote:"on the push button starter switch there is one input and 2 outputs"

Without the schematic in front of me just a guess, that it's a bypass of the ballast resistor direct to the coil for full voltage for starting.
So they may be on separate terminals so the coil does not back feed to the starter after all.. I will have to fire it up and probe the switch to test that out.
Tim
1975 710K
compunerdy
United States of America

Post by compunerdy »

TechMOGogy wrote:
compunerdy wrote:When I got the pinz it was mainly just so I did not get another Jeep. I like the look of the pinz on the outside (although I do have a few changes in mind) but I have no desire to use it as a stock show vehicle, etc so I plan to upgrade the inside quite a bit.
Sounds cool - by the way I was not questioning why you were doing it just interested in what your overall plan was for it.
Cheers,
No problem, my plan is to just have fun with it..
Tim
1975 710K