Wiring help please

Dedicated to the memory and knowledge shared by Jim Mettler - All things relating to the flow of electrons in a Pinz.
Dreadnought

Wiring help please

Post by Dreadnought »

OK.......I have found a wire dangling from under the dash........it joins into one of the main looms not far from the steering column......(I have had starting problems lately...no start....starter motor is away being looked at.....all I got was a 'clunk' and no spin). So could this loose/dangling/pulled off somehow wire be something to do with it?? it is: Bright Yellow and black in a spirally pattern.......and has a plastic sheathed female spade connector on the end. I can find no empty male spades where it might have come from??? and I can't see a reference to it on the wiring diagram........in fact the only black yellow I can find is a wire from the horn button but that is black and yellow in a lengthwise strip. Hoping someone can help me.....I hate dangling wires!!!
Aiming to introduce UK Politicians to Piano wire and Lamposts!
VinceAtReal4x4s
Admin
United States of America

Re: Wiring help please

Post by VinceAtReal4x4s »

Put in the electrical category.
"For those who risk, life has a flavor the protected shall never enjoy"

Your donation makes this site possible!

pcolette
United States of America

Post by pcolette »

Not sure if you have an Austrian or a Swiss Pinz but on the Swiss schematic I only know of 2 uses of the black/yellow striped wire:
- (1) one connects 49A on the turn signal flasher unit to 49A on the hazard switch, both to the left of the steering column
- (2) the other is a lead from the turn signal switch that connects to a black/white striped wire in the Pinz harness and connects to the rear lights. This is also just to the left of the steering column.
IMG_2010.jpg
IMG_2010.jpg (114.26 KiB) Viewed 2867 times
Paul C.
_________
'73 Swiss 710M
'89 Puch 230GE
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Sorry forgot to mention that mine is an ordinary 710K with the single screen........except that it has an MB diesel engine fitted, but this yellow and black wire that I have found (and have never spotted before) is not the usual yellow and black striped wire it has a very visible yellow and black spiral and is part of one of the original looms to the right of the column, in fact it is literally right below the contact breakers but lower down below the dash. I,ll try to get a pick of it and post it. I see everyone has changed their flasher unit at some time.......mine now has the flasher unit from a British Army 'Bedford MK' that I happened to have in my toolbox for 20 odd years, can't for the life of me remember how or why I acquired it? must have been off one of the Army trucks that I drove whilst in the Army?
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Starter motor went back in today, and all was well, no problems and everything works as normal so that loose wire is not a problem it seems?