Electrical Upgrades For A Factory Restored 710M?

Dedicated to the memory and knowledge shared by Jim Mettler - All things relating to the flow of electrons in a Pinz.
TechMOGogy
Canada

Re: Electrical Upgrades For A Factory Restored 710M?

Post by TechMOGogy »

nicholastanguma wrote:
TechMOGogy wrote:
Not to be funny but all the threads you have started all seem like "pie in the sky" type of stuff and questions.
Of course you can rewire it to 12v - any truck/car can be rewired given enough effort, time and cash.
Asking us without your own research and understanding of automotive knowledge let alone the specific Pinz stuff really gets you no where and makes it seem like your all over the map with this.
I am not trying to be negative as your potential project could be interesting and this forum is a great place to ask questions...

If I'm going to be spending tens of thousands of dollars on having someone perform a restoration for me, why wouldn't I dream big?

Yes, this forum is a great place to ask questions. Which is part of researching Pinzgauers. Especially for restoration upgrades. Which is what I'm constantly asking about.

Pie is delicious, sir.
I am sure we would all love to see some pictures of your other vehicles that you have restored
Oh and you forgot to let us know if you have had the chance to drive a Pinz yet!
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker
nicholastanguma
United States of America

Post by nicholastanguma »

I think there's been some confusion, mate. I don't restore, nor have ever restored, any motor vehicle. I pay someone else to do restoration. I just do the riding and driving. I'm not Jay Leno over here--the gearhead world is just a hobby for me, not a business.

And no, I haven't ever yet driven a Pinzy.
krick3tt

Post by krick3tt »

I lived near the Falls for a time and really enjoyed the area. I have heard that the city is a difficult place to find places to park. I am imagining you have plenty of space to store your restored vehicles, certainly not on the street as the dollars you have invested are not going to be subjected to weather and rough hands.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
nicholastanguma
United States of America

Post by nicholastanguma »

krick3tt wrote:I have heard that the city is a difficult place to find places to park. I am imagining you have plenty of space to store your restored vehicles, certainly not on the street

Saying NYC has a parking problem is akin to saying a methhead has a slight dental problem. :lol:

Quite correct in saying I don't park on the street. I don't even park on the street in a daily beater on the rare occasion there's an actual need to drive rather than hail a taxi or ride the sub. Best bet is to use an app to find the parking garage nearest my destination, park there, then walk the rest of the way.

Here's a terrific episode of Petrolicious--appropriately entitled, I Drive New York--to illustrate the NYC vintage driver's attitude. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4JEciv ... ut3E9K99KA
krick3tt

Post by krick3tt »

I did enjoy that. thanks for sharing.
My pinz is currently in my garage having the oil changed, the new starter installed and the diff and gear oil changed. Seems to be a long term project for me but I have no trips planned till next year. I went on an adventure with some friends and we went through a lot of muddy water, really screwed things up and now all sorts of repairs are in the works.
What a fun vehicle to drive. ...also needs some TLC on occasion.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
GenevaPinz
Switzerland

Post by GenevaPinz »

Thanks for the Petrolicious video, I did not know of this one and I did enjoy it!
Jan

'72 Pinzgauer 710M