716/718 ignition switch diagram

Dedicated to the memory and knowledge shared by Jim Mettler - All things relating to the flow of electrons in a Pinz.
NM_Mogman

716/718 ignition switch diagram

Post by NM_Mogman »

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone would happen to have the wiring diagram for the ignition switch on a diesel Pinz? My trigger wire, the one that engages the starter, is having constant power for some reason. Everything was fine yesterday when I was driving, then I stopped for a while to visit a friend, and when I started it up again, all seemed right for a while. After a block, the noise changed, my wife said there was smoke coming from the engine cover and I immediately shut it off. Pulled the cover and saw smoke, but no obvious source so I tried to start it again and nothing. Got it pushed off the road and checked the starter and it was smoking hot, moved the wires and sparks everywhere! Jumped up and disconnected the batteries, found a bare wire and taped it up as a quick fix but nothing. While waiting for a friend, I did hook the batteries back up and, when he showed up (and presumably the starter cooled off) the starter tried to engage again, with the "key" in the off position! So, I killed the batteries and we flat-towed it home behind a Mog.

As of now, the wire is fixed but still hot. So....does anyone have the wiring schematic for the ignition switch, so I can tell exactly what each wire does?

Please feel free to call/text a photo of it, or just email it to me at Phillip.Tupelu@gmail.com

Thanks,
Phil
krick3tt

Re: 716/718 ignition switch diagram

Post by krick3tt »

You will most likely get better response in the 718/718 post area.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford