Fat Fab/Klugewerks Disk Brakes kits return

Issues with shocks/springs, tires, steering box, stopping, etc.
Andre
United States of America

Fat Fab/Klugewerks Disk Brakes kits return

Post by Andre »

It’s True!
After many years of hoping for the return of an early owner and Pinzgauer enthusiast, my team was able to duplicate, source, improve, and provide everything needed to install the KlugeWerks disc brake conversion kit. This was the only kit that made sense to us at Fat Fabrications as it followed our core beliefs. “Nothing done to a Pinzgauer should be irreversible to factory specifications.”
This kit used smartly designed brackets that bolted on to factory intended anchor points, all ready present on the stock brake backing plate. Many other designs required upsizing wheels to 17”, which made them a very pricy upgrade. But with Chris’s design, affordable, factory Ford Transit 350 or Mercedes Sprinter steel wheels enabled us to keep our tires.
Now after 3 plus years of waiting(and installing) we have gone the extra mile and done all the work for you. We applied for dealer pricing on all Wilwood products. Got volume pricing on new Ford Transit rims. Developed a bulkhead fitting upgrade that eliminates jostling brake lines that could wear and leak over time. Got local volume pricing on laser cut brackets from high quality steel. Built relationships with wheel adapter and disk rotor suppliers, all here in the US. I’ve personally documented every nut, bolt, washer, adapter, hose, and fitting to make this the most complete, turn key. bolt and go kit out there.
In February 2018, the KlugeWerks complete kit for a 710 provided everything but wheels, lug nuts, and brake fluid for $3200 with shipping included within the continental U.S. The same kit for the 712 ran $4400.

Today, we want to offer those same kits with:
- Improved bulkhead mod plates and fittings
- thicker vented directional disks
- and 5 or 7 new Ford Transit 350, 16” steel wheels
FOR...
- 710 full kit...$3950.00
- 712 full kit...$5350.00
Plus shipping.

But there’s a catch... in order to get these out, at these prices, I need to make bulk purchases, up front, to secure discounted dealer pricing for life. This means I can get your replacement parts, shipped, for less than retail for the life of your truck.

Another catch... lead time is 3-4 weeks for everything but wheels.

Want to shorten your wait time?
Buy the stripped down kit. Source and buy all your brake components, hoses, fittings, wheels, and spacer/adapters locally. Do your own plumbing, route your lines, make it yours.
We’ll provide laser cut brackets, discs, and related hardware for:
- per axle basic kit ( less spacer/adapter)...$600, shipping included.
- transit wheel and spacer with lugs...$300 plus shipping.

I’ve updated my contact info. Looking forward to hearing form everyone.

P.S. If you pre-paid for rotors, that total will be credited towards your kit purchase price. If the kit exceeds your price point, I will refund you fully for the cost of your disks. Thank you all for your trust, help in making this happen, and continued patronage.

P.PS. These are designed for “off highway” use only. Fat fabrications will not be liable for losses due to incorrect installation or misuse by the owner / buyer.

Levers down, glass side up.
Andre Swanson, owner
Fat Fabrications.
Fat Fabrications
2993 FM 1647
Winnsboro, TX. 75494
fatfabrications@yahoo.com
(903) 365-2332 shop
(951) 765-7224 mobile
Facebook.com/dokapinz6x6
Www.fatfabrications.com
MACH
Mexico

Re: Fat Fab/Klugewerks Disk Brakes kits return

Post by MACH »

CAN YOU SELL A FRONT WHEELS-ONLY KIT? PRICE?

THANKS IN ADVANCE
Andre
United States of America

Post by Andre »

MACH wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:38 am CAN YOU SELL A FRONT WHEELS-ONLY KIT? PRICE?

THANKS IN ADVANCE
I can. Price depends on 710 or 712 and if you want the wheels and tires.
Fat Fabrications
2993 FM 1647
Winnsboro, TX. 75494
(903) 365-2332 shop
(951) 765-7224 mobile
Facebook.com/dokapinz6x6
Www.fatfabrications.com
mopar
United States of America

Post by mopar »

I'd possibly be linterested in a kit without wheels as I just put ford transit wheels on my 712 last summer. What would that price be?
Thanks

1974 712M AKA the Banana
1974 710M AKA the project truck
1987 718M Now Sold
1975 Volvo TGB1111 Now Sold
1973 Pinzgauer 712M x2 Now Sold
1963 404S Now Sold
Andre
United States of America

Post by Andre »

mopar wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 2:15 pm I'd possibly be linterested in a kit without wheels as I just put ford transit wheels on my 712 last summer. What would that price be?
Thanks
$4885 for a full kit without wheels.
Fat Fabrications
2993 FM 1647
Winnsboro, TX. 75494
(903) 365-2332 shop
(951) 765-7224 mobile
Facebook.com/dokapinz6x6
Www.fatfabrications.com
Andre
United States of America

Post by Andre »

Attention all Pinzgauer Disc Brake buyers who are on the fence:

In this endeavor to revive the KlugeWerks kit, we’ve invested in the purchase of 64 Transit wheels, 72 custom disc rotors( including prepaid spares), 12 complete bracket kits for 710’s and 712’s , and several late nights putting everything together. The only thing left to do is make the, one time, buy in with Wilwood( $10k) to secure volume discount pricing for as long as we maintain our distributor-ship.
So we need (10) buyers to deposit $1000 towards their disc brake kits to lock down the quotes I previously posted. Because I know financial situations change, I will offer the same here as I did to those who bought in on the Disc rotors. Send us a deposit of either $1000 or $1500(710-712) towards the full kit price. If you decide to only install a front axle kit, we will credit those unused parts to your total kit invoice. This helps us get into the market, kits to stay affordable, and replacement parts to our customers at discounted prices.
Once we are fully funded, the order gets placed. If it takes a year to get 10 buyers together...then each customer will be paying retail for their components in their local market. There is strength in numbers. Let’s get this done.

Thank you all for your continued trust and patronage.
Keep calm, Levers down, and keep the glass side up.
Andre.
Fat Fabrications
2993 FM 1647
Winnsboro, TX. 75494
(903) 365-2332 shop
(951) 765-7224 mobile
Facebook.com/dokapinz6x6
Www.fatfabrications.com
VinceAtReal4x4s
Admin
United States of America

Post by VinceAtReal4x4s »

People need to understand how big of a deal this is! This is a major update to an old truck that will be worth it, not only for your safety and better performance off-road and on, but for resale value too.

Andre, you might want to put an ad in the classifieds section too.
"For those who risk, life has a flavor the protected shall never enjoy"

Your donation makes this site possible!

Joeri
Belgium

Post by Joeri »

Problem is that this will only be for the u.s or Canada market becouse here in Belgium you are not allowed to swap from drum brakes to disc brakes.....it will not get past the tech control we have to do here every year....they will give you a Red Card and that means NOT road worthy :evil: :? :? :cry:
GenevaPinz
Switzerland

Post by GenevaPinz »

Hi all,
I haven't posted in a while as I moved from Switzerland to Scotland in late 2018, and then my Pinz was in storage until earlier this year, so it receivied minimal attention and was not being driven. I now have a garage for it near our new home, and the Pinz is due some maintenance, new front shocks, body repairs (rusty doors due to rain water in the window channels... drainage holes will be added) and "while we are at it", why not disc brakes!!
I only have good things to say about Andre's work, the winch mount and the spring tool that I got from him are well designed, bulletproof fabrication and great value for money.

Just one question: quite some time ago there was a discussion on the french forum about the need to replace the original wheels when upgrading to tubeless tires. At the time -and in hindsight it probably wasn't really needed- I pulled the trigger on some Euro-spec Ford Transit wheels, and I was wondering whether they would fit the disc brakes...? It doesn't make sense for me to order new wheels and have them shipped half-way accross the world if my current wheels already offer sufficient clearance.

Do you have any indication that you could share on how much clearance is needed? Alternatively, I could send you my wheel's measurements. Thanks in advance!
Jan

'72 Pinzgauer 710M
Hotzenplotz
Austria

Post by Hotzenplotz »

Andre

Has the min headcount of ten already been reached ?
I am seriously interested i a 712 kit, but I have Ford rims already.
How much is shipping to Europe ? No need for airfreight; if the kit arrives for Xmas I am fine
Cheers
Albert
========================
My Pinz has NEVER been with any army
itsalljake
Norway

Post by itsalljake »

Also interested if it’s still happening
1972 710M
Andre
United States of America

Post by Andre »

Hotzenplotz wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:13 pm Andre

Has the min headcount of ten already been reached ?
I am seriously interested i a 712 kit, but I have Ford rims already.
How much is shipping to Europe ? No need for airfreight; if the kit arrives for Xmas I am fine
The first production run head count was met. I'm starting on a list for a second run in 2022,
Fat Fabrications
2993 FM 1647
Winnsboro, TX. 75494
(903) 365-2332 shop
(951) 765-7224 mobile
Facebook.com/dokapinz6x6
Www.fatfabrications.com
MACH
Mexico

Post by MACH »

does anyone have instructions for FAT_FAB or klugewerks disc brake kit?

thanks in advance
Andre
United States of America

Post by Andre »

I haven’t had an opportunity to make a video of the install yet.
Fat Fabrications
2993 FM 1647
Winnsboro, TX. 75494
(903) 365-2332 shop
(951) 765-7224 mobile
Facebook.com/dokapinz6x6
Www.fatfabrications.com
mushmasher
United States of America

Post by mushmasher »

I'd like to hear some customer reviews about these disc brakes on their pinz? Also any videos or documentation on installing these?