Least expensive tires?

Issues with shocks/springs, tires, steering box, stopping, etc.
audiocontr
United States of America

Least expensive tires?

Post by audiocontr »

I possibly put 250 miles a year on my 712. It sits more than it rolls, and when it does roll, it rolls 99% on the highway. I still have the same sun cracked, dried out, knobby tires that were on the truck when i purchased it 6+ years ago. I'd guess they are 10+ years old now. I am WAY over the age limit. Just like my RV, my tires die from age vs wearing out.

So, like my RV, i'm looking for a tire on the lower end of cost, vs higher end of performance. I'm perfectly fine with a tire that wears rather quickly. I would, however, like the tire a bit knobby for purely cosmetic reasons.

Is Treadwright the least expensive option? Is there some sort of cheap foreign tire worthy of a review? Maybe tires with blemishes? Go for $100 walmart tires? https://www.walmart.com/ip/Eldorado-Mud ... /762606787
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
1978 GMC Palm Beach (Hey, its got 6 wheels!!)
4x4Pinz
United States of America

Re: Least expensive tires?

Post by 4x4Pinz »

I recently put a set of American Tourer SL369 tires on my G. Wanted to see if the tire size was in the range I was looking for and did not want to spend a ton of money if they did not work out. These tires are 10 ply and have exceeded my expectations for even name brand tires. I have been out in the desert terrain, rocks, sand and highway. The tires look brand new still today. They run quiet on the highway as one would expect from an at tire pattern. Would recommend them as a great option, even daily driving.
audiocontr
United States of America

Re: Least expensive tires?

Post by audiocontr »

Thank you!
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
1978 GMC Palm Beach (Hey, its got 6 wheels!!)