My 1974 710M was beginning to stop erratically, pulling to the left. So I got the floor jack and jack stands out to do some investigation.
No surprise here, the right side had a wheel cylinder that leaked and soaked the brake shoes. What an easy diagnosis!
I removed all the parts and cleaned the backing plate as best I could, then ordered cylinder rebuild kits and new brake hoses.
The brake drum was fairly new and just needed a good cleaning and the braking surface scuffed up.
My good buddy Mike Nims had once suggested replacing the power booster, so I set about removing the old one. I already had a new booster on the shelf.
Removing the booster wasn't difficult, except for the upper rear mounting nut. The clutch slave cylinder had to be removed to gain access. The easiest way to loosen the nut was with an offset wrench, and even more difficult to reinstall.
Issues with shocks/springs, tires, stopping, etc.
1 post • Page 1 of 1