Overhaul load sensing valve, how to?

Issues with shocks/springs, tires, steering box, stopping, etc.
markv

Overhaul load sensing valve, how to?

Post by markv »

Hi Everyone,

My 710K load sensing valve has been a little stiff, and the back brakes hard to bleed. I cant find any information / exploded diagram for the valve assembly, nor can I find info on parts to overhaul it. We've wiggled it till it has freed up but would like to pull it apart and overhaul it.

Could someone please help, either with an exploded diagram, or a description of what to do to overhaul it please?

Thanks
Mark
one2many
Australia

Re: Overhaul load sensing valve, how to?

Post by one2many »

Seeing as nobody else has answered yet... Can you include a pic of the Load Sensing Valve?

To my knowledge only the 716/718 TD pinzgauers have a brake bias valve. The early air cooled 710/712 Pinzgauers have no load sensing or brake bias valve. Maybe a previous owner decided this 710 needed a load sensing system and modified the brake hydraulics to include brake bias.
1985 pinzgauer 712K factory 2.7lt civilian (RHD, 4 door K)
1979 Volvo tgb 1314a (under construction to om606 diesel/722.6 trans. Dual cab/tray)
markv

Post by markv »

Hi One to Many

I've just discovered this, its a rare setup for the 710. We think it is because the particular Pinz I own had to deal with trailers with a heavy nose weight.

https://www.puch.at/en/spare-parts/pinz ... r-axle-ab/

The load sensing valve looks exactly like part 130.02.04

Basically its not reinstalled yet, but we've freed it up and 'tested' it by blowing compressed air through it while simulating different loads, and assessing the air flow.
one2many
Australia

Post by one2many »

picture says a thousand words....many here are happy to help, but help us to help you .....pics please.
hyd cyls need proper cleaning (ultrasonics are cheap nowadays) and then the bores/pistons measured before honing and fitting the new hydraulic repair kit assuming everything maeasured within tolerance...if not it will need sleeving (stainless not chromium) before it can be reassembled.
are you towing overly heavy loads??? pinz tow rating is right up there without the brake bias, are you sure you need it. if so just buy from stec or have yours repaired. if it were on my 712k i'd ditch it in a second (i don't tow) and simply plumb around it.
just curious....what is the service history of your pinz>
the prof , dave , or scott could probably shed some more light on this setup for aircooled
cheers.
1985 pinzgauer 712K factory 2.7lt civilian (RHD, 4 door K)
1979 Volvo tgb 1314a (under construction to om606 diesel/722.6 trans. Dual cab/tray)