wheel spacers/adapters ?

Issues with shocks/springs, tires, steering box, stopping, etc.
benztech

wheel spacers/adapters ?

Post by benztech »

I have noticed a few youtube videos with pinz rollovers due to narrow wheel base. Have anybody here tried using bolt-on wheel spacers/adapters ? to make pinz more side-hill friendly ?
I know it will have more load on bearings but they will not blow-up in a year or so ? I had h@r 30mm over 20k and 2 years of use and bearings where ok.
McCall Pinz
Switzerland

Post by McCall Pinz »

Ditto I'd like to pick some up too- the European guys are supposedly running about 25-30mm, but haven't figured out who's making them there.
benztech

Post by benztech »

McCall Pinz wrote:Ditto I'd like to pick some up too- the European guys are supposedly running about 25-30mm, but haven't figured out who's making them there.
I googled wheel adapters and there is allot of companies in US with 5-160mm and if you want to fit other brand rims like g-wagen or sprinters custom adapters can be made.
M Wehrman
United States of America

Post by M Wehrman »

My 712 came with spacers to adapt LR wheels,tires stick out appx 3" more outside. 3 yrs and no issues. There is a definate stability benefit,but steering effort is increased. the biggest plus was when I put them on my 710,it felt MUCH better on side slopes. Personally I would not hesitate to do it to any Pinz. .02 for U.
Mark
Stock means no imagination!

Volvo TGB1317, .95% Morphed!

68 Haffy