Pinz Hydraulic Jack Replacement

Issues with shocks/springs, tires, steering box, stopping, etc.
jrcotner
United States of America

Pinz Hydraulic Jack Replacement

Post by jrcotner »

The Weber Hydraulik jack off of my Pinz has finally given up the ghost. The local hydraulic shop did a rebuild with new seals, but it is still leaking. Now is the time to stop the money hemorrhage and get something new. However, I can't find another working used Weber anywhere.

Are there any other good jacks that work with the Pinz? I tried a Hi-Lift, but it was unstable and dangerous.

Thanks for the info.
Thanks,
John Cotner
1946 Willys CJ-2a
Elizabethton, TN
pinzinator

Post by pinzinator »

Take your pick
http://search.harborfreight.com/cpisear ... &Submit=Go
The 6-ton or the 8-ton should work OK.
audiocontr
United States of America

Post by audiocontr »

I purchased one of these from Home Depot for this specific purpose. Problem is they dont extend high enough. Where are you jacking the vehicle?
jrcotner
United States of America

Post by jrcotner »

I thought the Pinz needed the beveled base on the jack so it could move as it was jacked up. If not it'll save a lot of hassle and money.
Thanks,
John Cotner
1946 Willys CJ-2a
Elizabethton, TN
jrcotner
United States of America

Post by jrcotner »

Under the rounded portion of the axle half shaft. There is a flat portion down there that looks like it would work with a normal jack, but I was reluctant to jack there. I'm finding the same problem with jacks around here: not enough height. The tallest I've found are around 17". And even with a 6x6 underneath, it would still be only be 22 1/2"
Thanks,
John Cotner
1946 Willys CJ-2a
Elizabethton, TN
undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

This may be a stupid question, but...

Have you tried any of the dealers for an actual Pinz jack? Perhaps you have, and they just want a fortune. I noticed Dennis posted last week that he's occassionally breaking up trucks for parts. I wondered if any of those trucks still have the jack?