New Tires!

Issues with shocks/springs, tires, steering box, stopping, etc.
clgravitte

New Tires!

Post by clgravitte »

Finally got new B. F. Goodrich All Terrains on today. Used the ceramic balancing beads which are a pain to put in but the pinz runs so smooth its hard to believe. Wish I had done this sooner!
audiocontr
United States of America

Post by audiocontr »

Where are you in Virginia and how many ounces of beads did you use per wheel?
clgravitte

Post by clgravitte »

I am in Gloucester, Va. near Yortown. With the size tires I used it called for 6 ounces. Go to innovative balancing website. It is very informative. What pinz do you have? I have a 710M.
ccalingaert

Post by ccalingaert »

Here's a second vote for Dyna Beads from Innovative Balancing. I have 8 oz of the off road beads in each tire. They are larger than the regular beads and have to be poured in when the tires are mounted. It's fast and easy but you can't add them later like the regular beads.
Chris
'74 710K
krick3tt

balancing beads

Post by krick3tt »

I use the beads from Inovative as well. ..and yes putting them in is a bit of a pain but they do make the ride so much better.
I have tubes in my tires as I got tired of continually airing up from the leaks that seem to plague these tubeless rims. Originally I don't think they were supposed to be tubeless, I could be wrong on that but I have fewer problems now.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford