AWESOME TOWBAR!!!!!!!!!

Issues with shocks/springs, tires, steering box, stopping, etc.
ABSOLUTSECURITY

AWESOME TOWBAR!!!!!!!!!

Post by ABSOLUTSECURITY »

http://www.ibistek.com/download/LTVTowBar.pdf

First I wonder what it costs and second! I want one to tow my Pinzgauer behind my H1 !!! :D

What do you think! Just have to mount AM General D Ring loop to my Expedition imports bumper and away we go???????

Glynn
pcolette
United States of America

Post by pcolette »

Here's a tan one listed on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Military ... 2005r32478

Apparently the earlier model tan ones are not rated as highly as the newer black model. Google search offered a number of articles on it.

Cooler to tow the H1 with the Pinz! :D

Paul
Paul C.
_________
'73 Swiss 710M
'89 Puch 230GE
kpoling
United States of America

Post by kpoling »

This one came on my truck when I bought it. The PO's off road group had a rule that everyone had to have one to make the recovery easier. I have a slide in coupler that locks in with a normal tow pin. I think you can make it for less that the cost of the one on eBay, just not as trick looking!

Regards, Kevin

'73 710K sold 01/22/2016
ABSOLUTSECURITY

pcolette wrote:Here's a tan one listed on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Military ... 2005r32478

Apparently the earlier model tan ones are not rated as highly as the newer black model. Google search offered a number of articles on it.

Cooler to tow the H1 with the Pinz! :D

Paul

Yeah Im trying to work a deal on it right now - gonna have to get some H1 tow loops and Gobi steps like I have on my Hummer and bolt them on the Expedition Imports bumper to attach it to the Pinz.
I better take some measurments before I get too deep into this deal to back out and make sure everything will work ok. LOL!

Glynn
ABSOLUTSECURITY

kpoling wrote:This one came on my truck when I bought it. The PO's off road group had a rule that everyone had to have one to make the recovery easier. I have a slide in coupler that locks in with a normal tow pin. I think you can make it for less that the cost of the one on eBay, just not as trick looking!

Yeah that looks like it would work however I think you hit the nail on the head with "TRICK LOOKING" LOL!

Glynn
kpoling
United States of America

Post by kpoling »

Glynn: I plan to paint the bumper & tow bar this summer to match the body green color. That will help it look "a bit more stock", but not add much "trickness". :roll:

Regards, Kevin
Regards, Kevin

'73 710K sold 01/22/2016
ABSOLUTSECURITY

I kinda like it like it is!

Glynn
ABSOLUTSECURITY

So the Hummer receiver is at 21 inches from the ground and Pinz bumper is at 31 inches !!

Thats not going to make for a good level tow bar.

Could one put a 10 inch drop UP?????

Might look goofy but it would work and stay below my spare and within the area of my rear bumper. HMMMMM!

Glynn