Mud-Terrain T/A® KM2

Issues with shocks/springs, tires, steering box, stopping, etc.
Jerbearyukon

Mud-Terrain T/A® KM2

Post by Jerbearyukon »

Anyone used these..they look impressive and I am in need of some new tires come winter anyway.

Thanks

Jer
Last edited by Jerbearyukon on Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jerbearyukon

Post by Jerbearyukon »

moved to general chat
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Though I haven't had any experience with these particular tires, I generally tell people to buy tires that they can readily get replacements for in their area. From your posted pics in the general chat, any mud terrain in a C or D range would be in order. As much as some say to to get an E tire with more plies, the lower rated tire will flex more at lower tire pressure, giving more ground contact and a "biting" sidewall.
The Pinz just doesn't weigh enough to bulge heavily plied tires until the pressure is so low, you're endanger of debeading the tire with some manuevres.

What size rim and the size tire comes into play also on what pressures and how the tire will react.

Also these comments are based on what pics Jer has posted of his trails, some one in a different terrain would have different needs in their tires, as in the southwest where one may be more concerned with rocks cutting sidewall to shreds
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
KINSPINZ

Post by KINSPINZ »

Jer,
I am running the BFG KM2 MT.

I love these tires. They hook up very well in greasy mudd, which i imagine will be what your terrain is most like. They kicked butt in the rocks we were just on.

I have no experience witht the A/T as those are for the parade crowd :D .

The M/T's are wearing a bit more than i was hoping for. Though being worried about wear with a Pinz is kinda stupid.

Mike
ITS NOT A F*&$%*# HUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!
Jerbearyukon

Post by Jerbearyukon »

Hey Mike good to here from you. How's it going down there..UP THERE...I am in Costa Rica right now and LOTS OF DIRT ROADS AND RED MUD.

Looks like a GREAT PLACE FOR A PINZ. I will look at them closely when I get back. Have a friend who is a dealer in Alberta and maybe he can get me a sweet deal on some and then I can report back to the group.

Thanks Dave and yes we dont have alot of rocks in most places but there is alotof tundra and ROOTS.

Jer BEar